No announcement yet.

Flys in Restaurants - Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I battle flies year round in RGV. Tacolandia has too many!

Comment

Bug a salt x4

Comment

I go to the one in the Heights semi frequently. I will take the food quality & expense with a little annoyance of a few bugs rather than some not so clean places around here that have resulted in food poisoning.

Should be some protein in the lil flies too.

Comment

Yes. Ill complain if there are numerous. One here or there...I dont complain...theyre sneaky buggers and hard to control. I like it when restaurants have the front door blowers to keepem out.

Sweeping in the eating area, especially under my table, while Im eating bothers me more.

Comment

We were at dinner a couple of months ago at a winery/nice restaurant, two flies keep bombing our appetizer. Called the waiter over and he said nothing they could do. Won’t be going back.

Comment

If it’s a BBQ place with a screendoor I generally don’t mind. That’s where I go to get good outside meat. I just go sit outdoors and expect a few flies.

Fruit flies are never a good thing with me. I will go back once since I am going to say something about it. Probably calling the health dept if it is like that a second time.

If you want an idea if the fruit fly got in accidently, hold up the pepper sauce and look at the bottom of the bottle. If you see dead fruit flies or larvae floating or swimming leave.

Enjoy

Click image for larger version

Name:	877C4DDB-24C5-458F-8FD2-965631944F00.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	24571011
              Last edited by 18ncs; 02-11-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Just dog azzed flys, they gotta be clean, my dog always licks herself clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                  We were at dinner a couple of months ago at a winery/nice restaurant, two flies keep bombing our appetizer. Called the waiter over and he said nothing they could do. Won’t be going back.

If you go out to eat often bad things will happen. I am just curious of what your solution the staff could have done to fix the problem?

Lil trick that works (sometimes) if they are swarming your table. Asked to be moved to another table but make them leave some scraps on the table for the flies. Then they can take care of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Yes. Ill complain if there are numerous. One here or there...I dont complain...theyre sneaky buggers and hard to control. I like it when restaurants have the front door blowers to keepem out.

Sweeping in the eating area, especially under my table, while Im eating bothers me more.
                    Oh me too. Nasty

Comment

Working...
                    X