X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's crazy !

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

We are very thankful everyone was okay and we can tell the story from somewhere other than the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, thats wild. Glad yall are okay

Comment

Something about never burning two lanterns at the same time comes to mind...

Comment

My Buddy heater ran out of propane or so I thought. I turned off the valve and unscrewed the propane bottle that felt empty. I immediately smelled gas in my 4 x 6 box blind. Opened the door to help air it out before putting a new bottle in and lighting it.

Comment

Yikes that’s scary.

Controlled propane + fire = good
              Uncontrolled propane + fire = bad

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                My Buddy heater ran out of propane or so I thought. I turned off the valve and unscrewed the propane bottle that felt empty. I immediately smelled gas in my 4 x 6 box blind. Opened the door to help air it out before putting a new bottle in and lighting it.

We use our heater in box blind regularly. I’m glad it didn’t happen in there. $$$! Plus that door would have been secured and made for a bad time getting out.

Pretty scary when it goes wrong. Sounds like you could have had a similar situation.

Comment

First and foremost glad all are safe -

Not sure the blind manufacturer should have to pay or provide anything - the propane folks? Maybe so

Comment

Better head to academy for cheap deal on new underwear.

Comment

I had that happen with a Coleman bottle a couple years ago, always a chance when you are dealing with a rubber valve... I was lucky and did not have an open flame going. Glad you are ok!

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                        First and foremost glad all are safe -

Not sure the blind manufacturer should have to pay or provide anything - the propane folks? Maybe so

In no way do I think the blind company is at fault or should have to pay to replace anything. My fault more than theirs. I actually just called to tell them how well the blind handed the fire compared to what I expected. I also wanted to offer them pics of damage if they wanted them. I think the fact that they spent extra $ to coat the blind with fire resistant stuff might have actually saved me from more severe injury. She offered without me asking to talk to her boss about maybe a discount on a new one which I thought was awesome customer service. I will use them in the future!

Coleman, on the other hand, will have some questions to answer!

Comment

Another thing to be aware of is the Mr. Heater connections to a 20# propane bottle have an o-ring that seals the connection. I had one recently that had a broken o-ring and was leaking. I would not have found it had I not soapy water checked the connection when I changed bottles. The o-rings are available from Amazon. I needed the heater NOW so I bought a new connection at TSC on a Sunday.

Comment

Sonofa.....

Comment

Yeah that wasn’t very wise...I bet you never do that again. Lol

Oh and don’t smoke while filling your car up with gas either. FYI.

Skinny

Comment

Had a similar happenstance in my box blind. Operator headspace problem. I didn’t screw down the bottle snug enough. When I hit the Ignitor, flames flew from the top of the bottle. I was lucky in that I was able to kick the whole unit out the door. When it hit the ground the flames went out and I was able to tighten the bottle. Unit seems to work fine now. But I am very maticulious and cautious about lighting it. I was lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X