Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Station/Skinning Racks, What y’all got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a permanent cleaning station is at the top of my off season project list. Curious what everyone has so maybe I can steal some ideas. Post up pictures of what you got.

I found this old thread. Anyone else got anything?

Comment

My search skills are no match for you Smart

Comment

Here is what we did. My brother and I stripped down an old 35 ft windmill base the landowner has they he was just going to junk and welded this all together with hand cranks for the 2 gambrels. Going to put some skin probably tin on it this year on the back side and the 2 sides and the top to enclose it more. Ideally if time permits I will pour a slab with a few French drains for the floor as well this offseason. We have it loaded down now with lights on every corner and ran a water hose to it to be able to have water there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a skinning rack on our place we just built a cover over it and added some lights. We didn’t put a slab under it because we thought it would be easier to deal with dirt as water is at a premium. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	24571000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
            My search skills are no match for you Smart

I just searched Smart and fancy because I knew I had posted ours in one in the last few months... ..and Voila!

Comment

[ATTACH]y[/ATTACH]Not a great picture. It has 2 cranking hooks 2led lights works like a champ!!! We looked at one online that had 3 cranks
              Attached Files

Comment

We don’t have anything too ground breaking but one consideration is get a good height. Ours is too short and it makes it difficult if you have a decent sized animal in it.

Comment

Made up this one with a friend.
                  The uprights are 9', wish I'd left it at 10', but wanted the 1' section for the brace.
                  I also would have gone with heavier expanded metal for the base.
                  We don't kill lots of deer, so I didn't build a double. If need be, we just carry the carcass to under the carport to hang.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181120_105036892_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	24571032

And it defies gravity

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s 2019 and we still can’t post pics correctly on TBH. [emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

Yup :-)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X