Pontoon rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
    i see the new ones have gone to composite materials. are you doing the same or going wood again?
    Composite called Dragonboard.

Comment

Good luck with the rebuild . I'll be rooting from the bleachers. Done several of those my self.

This thread Powered by Miller Lite.

Comment

Never been around Pontoons but like the Idea..and esp That size..Sounds and looks like great project...Never owned any new Alu. boats all been well used and all had some sort of leaks(cracks,electrolysis,puncture,bad welds, rivets) ..My advice if there is any way to pressurize with positive air pressure (not much pressure prob a pound or so or you make new ones) and bubble check for leaks...now is time to find that problem and fix....
        Guess you could put water in each pontoon if properly supported to check for leaks...But be careful water is HEAVY...
        Surely someone on THB know a good way to check

Comment

Sounds like fun!

Comment

In. I've always wanted to take on a project like this myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
              In. I've always wanted to take on a project like this myself.
              Im really enjoying it. Getting excited for reassembling work.

I priced new ones and they are near 30k out the door for this size and motor with no electronics!

Used ones with same motor are mid 20s and dirty. This one will pretty much brand new and have no payments!

Comment

following

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                  Im really enjoying it. Getting excited for reassembling work.

I priced new ones and they are near 30k out the door for this size and motor with no electronics!

Used ones with same motor are mid 20s and dirty. This one will pretty much brand new and have no payments!
                  Paid for, that’s the best kind of boat to have!

Comment

Wow. Thats going to be nice

Comment

Composite called Dragonboard.

First time I have heard of this product, and just googled it. Thinking about it for a dock we’re gonna build for our tank. Cant find price info on it. For comparison purposes, how much more is it likely to cost for your boat than something like 3/4 treated plywood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                        First time I have heard of this product, and just googled it. Thinking about it for a dock we’re gonna build for our tank. Cant find price info on it. For comparison purposes, how much more is it likely to cost for your boat than something like 3/4 treated plywood?

Same question.

I could use some on my kayak trailer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post

$220 sheet and $10k Min order. My vendor is thrown 6 sheets on someone else order for me free. We use it from time to time. Badarse stuff.

170 lbs a sheet though. Not sure its worth it. Marine grade plywood will last 20 years if cared for. Heck by then it will need all new furniture again anyways.

USG has something real close. This stuff is local and I may go this route as I dont want to wait for DragonBoard truck in 3 weeks. I will know price on USG tomorrow.

USG Structural Panels are high-strength, reinforced concrete panels for use in noncombustible construction. Lighter than precast or poured concrete, USG Structural Panels install like wood sheathing and are mold-, moisture- and termite-resistant. Providing a faster, easier and more efficient way to build floors.
                          Last edited by Spearchunker; 02-06-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Cool project. Good luck

Comment

Following

Comment

$220 sheet and $10k Min order. My vendor is thrown 6 sheets on someone else order for me free. We use it from time to time. Badarse stuff.

170 lbs a sheet though. Not sure its worth it. Marine grade plywood will last 20 years if cared for. Heck by then it will need all new furniture again anyways.

USG has something real close. This stuff is local and I may go this route as I dont want to wait for DragonBoard truck in 3 weeks. I will know price on USG tomorrow.

http://info.usg.com/structuralsubflo...SAAEgLrBvD_BwE

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X