Mirrorless???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
    I switched to mirrorless (Sony) as well this past late spring. Got tired of hauling the big white around and needed to lighten the load. I paid attention to what Michael was doing and I have a couple other acquaintances shooting Sony as well. I had bought my wife an A7 early in 2017 for her real estate business and was intrigued by it.

I'm shooting an a7RIII and a bridge RX10-IV. I'm currently in negotiation on Greentoe on an a6500 as well. If I end up with it I will sell my remaining Canon equipment.

Many of the newer photos this year are from mirrorless Sonys. https://billmorris.smugmug.com/Beaut...eesandintheair

Shot this yesterday on the Katy Prairie.

Red-tailed hawk

From Big Bend a few weeks ago.

Great horned owl

Greater roadrunner

On 385 between Marathon and Ft. Stockton with the RX10

Ferruginous hawk
    Lens?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
      This is with the Sigma MC-11 E mount to Canon EF adapter on the A7RIII and a Sigma 150-600 C Canon mount lens. The MC-11 works very well with Canon lenses also. If I make a deal on the A6500 I may be looking to sell my very gently used copy if you might be interested.

Yeah it’s possible, let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        Lens?
        Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS
        The last shot is with a Sony RX10-IV which is a bridge camera and it was shot at 600mm.

If you look at any photo in Smugmug there is a small circled I on the bottom right of the page and clicking that will show all the info for the photo you are looking at.

Originally posted by canny View Post
        Yeah it’s possible, let me know
        Will do.
        Last edited by Bill M; 12-22-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I’m still leaning towards the Sony. Sigma makes an adapter that will allow use of Canon EF lenses, but that’s not my primary concern.

Just got rid of my nikon. So just put my hands on a sony mirrorless at best buy. Just trying to figure out if it's worth the money between the a6000-6300-6500.

You can find the 6000 for fairly cheap compared to the others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
            Just got rid of my nikon. So just put my hands on a sony mirrorless at best buy. Just trying to figure out if it's worth the money between the a6000-6300-6500.

You can find the 6000 for fairly cheap compared to the others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All of them have been around for long enough that you could probably find a good deal on a used one.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

If you aren't in a huge hurry I would hold off just a bit as a new Sony aps-c model is suppose to be coming out in April. Will likely lower the price of the others when it does. I currently have Greentoe at $989 on the a6500 but will let it pass in anticipation of the new one.

Comment

I’m still leaning towards the Sony. Sigma makes an adapter that will allow use of Canon EF lenses, but that’s not my primary concern.

You won't be disappointed!

Comment

Its a little bigger than the Sony, but you have lens options if you want to go that route and its the Fuji XT-20. Its going to be better in low light situations than the pocketable type cameras. See pic below on at sunrise pic to give you a feel. I also have a Canon PowerShot G7X that is a real good pocketable camera that is solid in low light

New to forum, sorry Imgur photo hosting site are display pics so large ??

Comment

If you are into the latest and greatest then look at the new Nikon Z series mirror less camera. From what I am reading about it Siny should go back to making walkmans.

Good article on Nikon, Sony and Canon.

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
                      If you are into the latest and greatest then look at the new Nikon Z series mirror less camera. From what I am reading about it Siny should go back to making walkmans.

Good article on Nikon, Sony and Canon.

https://kenrockwell.com/tech/compari...full-frame.htm
                      Which of those brands mirrorless are you shooting?

Comment

Check out the new stuff from Sony. New a6400 aps-c coming in Feb at a great price point with great new AF features. New features added with firmware update to the a9, a7iii and a7Riii.

FYI, Fred Miranda shoots Sony if that means anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X