karnes county hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

karnes county hunting?

my wife inherited 600 acres in karnes last week. went and look at it today. did see deer tracks and dropping, has a 8 acres pound on it with fish. anyone hunt in karnes? thanks

Where about. Some of Karnes is pretty good, some not so much.

Comment

Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

north half in karnes and half in wilson co.

Comment

Well its not bad, you need someone to take care of it for you?? But seriously we live on 150 acres on the Wilson Atascosa county line just a bit up from the Karnes county line. With overhunted neighbors and feeding year around we grow some decent deer, 120's... But in that area you can find some spots that have some farm land that's never hunted and if it adjoins some places that are brush and bull mesquites you can find some pretty good deer. Lots of hogs, so pens are a must. My hunting opinion. I am in Real Estate so if you need a valuation let me know, no charge for a TBH'er. If your wife got minerals, please, I mean please do not sell them or sell them with the surface. That area is a 4 layer play. PM if you have need anything, and yes Fishndude is a great guy, and I want to be your buddy as well.

Comment

Hey Buddy Ol Pal!

Good luck in your endeavor.

Comment

That’s great! Hope you got some mineral rights also

Comment

Hey. New BFF. I can scout it for you since I'm close and let you know what I killed.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                  my wife inherited 600 acres in karnes last week. went and look at it today. did see deer tracks and dropping, has a 8 acres pound on it with fish. anyone hunt in karnes? thanks
                  I live in Karnes county since anther restriction started there are some very big deer being killed I also run cattle if you are interested in keeping your property taxes low

Comment

We hunt Karnes just a 1/2 mile from Atascosa and we have lots of deer. Bucks from 115-125 all day long. We kill a 135-140 every year or 2 and last year killed a 143. I have seen and have pics of a few 150’s but in 30 years of semi managing the place we just don’t get much bigger than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like it might be in the Gillette area, hwy 80/119 maybe. Completely opposite end from Atascosa county. That area is covered in gas production and the truck traffic is redunkulous. If you have production on the land you should be able to hunt anywhere in the world.

Comment

High Fence it... kidding.. kinda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If she inherited the mineral rights, then Alaska, Africa, and the Midwest all have excellent hunting.
                          If not, go for it! There have been some good deer taken from that area in recent years. I grew up in Karnes City and lived in Stockdale the last 10 years or so before we moved to Wimberley this summer.

Comment

If you like duck hunting the ponds in that area usually have some great birds on them. If there are creeks on the property Turkey will likely be there too. You would be hard pressed not to find hogs anywhere in that area, they can be thick in some places. Dove hunting should be good to great and deer will really depend on neighbors and how you manage the property. With that amount of acreage you could set up 3-4 50 acre sanctuaries and grow a solid deer herd.

Comment

Wow boy you lucky. Used to see chingos of deer down there when I was in the patch and the ponds always had ducks .

Comment

Working...
                              X