Cull or no cull.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cull or no cull.?

We missed culling him last year... And he shows up on camera again this year..with trash... Kinda wondering what he would look like in a couple years..🤷*♂️
    Attached Files

He looks like a 4 yo in your 2019 pics. He might get bigger next year but I'd call him a shooter this year - at least for someone.

I'd have him on my shoot list, and if he makes another year - great.

Comment

Give him one more year.

Comment

If he walked out in front of me he would be in the skinning shed.

Comment

I believe I would have to shoot him. I like the odd ball deer

Comment

Depending on your management objectives I would think this would be on most everybody's cull list *unless you were devoid of bucks in the herd.

My personal perspective- for my ranch- if one of my kids/guests sees this buck after we have a discussion and doesn't send a bullet down range they go back to shooting does only. I should have said (qualifier) buck has to be a minimum of 3. By then they at least are showing a frame although they still need to get to 6 to really show what they have....

As the great Roy Hindes once said if you like that 6 point let him live. In a couple of years that's all you'll have cause he'll spread that gene like wild fire! Just sayin.....

Comment

shoot that Sucker

Comment

Dirt nap time

Comment

You never know what they will turn into if you let them go

Comment

Originally posted by jamenefee View Post
                    I believe I would have to shoot him. I like the odd ball deer
                    Same

Comment

I would shoot

Comment

Cull

Comment

Looks 4.5 to me I would shoot him for sure. Whats he adding to your gene profile? Average mass, narrow spread and weird not pretty tine configuration. He won't make a better future shoot him this year.

Comment

i would cull him. i would think by now if he were going to have a decent rack he would show some potential. He would be cool to take just because of him having an odd design

Comment

Pew pew pew

Comment

Working...
                              X