No announcement yet.

BEST Steak in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of these posts and not one mention of Del Friscos in the galleria??? Maybe I’m doing it wrong but we have hit up papas, Vic’s and still think this one is hands down the best joint in town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      I feel for you bro if going to Houston is gettin' away
      It's just a short one night away with no kids!

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
        You'll have a great meal and experience at any of the following, I'd pick the one closest to you which will probably be Vic & Anthony's:

Pappa's
        Capital Grille
        Trulucks
        Vic & Anthony's
        Eddie V's
        Flemings
        Steak 48
        Taste of Texas
        I’m not familiar with Houston steak houses but one of the best steaks I have ever ate came from a Eddie V’s in ft worth.

Comment

Most mentioned will do the job for you. Downtown I would go to Vic & Anthony's.

If you don't come into town and do stuff like this often I would suggest The Rainbow Lodge as others have suggested. Very unique place in this big city. The other menu's at the mentioned steakhouse are pretty much the same. Rainbow Lodge has a ton of wild game on the menu that you won't find at the others. I took my girls there at the end of school last year. They are picky eaters. I think the total meat species count devoured was 6-7 before the dust settled. Get a few appetizers for sure.

From downtown its a 10-15 minute drive. Ella & TC Jester. Shag an Uber from the hotel and your set if you don't feel like driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
            That's what we did. Spent WAY too much money on a meal, turned around and drove back to Beaumont and slept till 9:00. Then we spent all Sunday laid up watching Netflix. It was an awesome weekend to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
              All of these posts and not one mention of Del Friscos in the galleria??? Maybe I’m doing it wrong but we have hit up papas, Vic’s and still think this one is hands down the best joint in town!

Second this one!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Downtown I'd have to agree with Curt... V&A's. Only thing I don't like about Taste of Texas is they do not take reservations and if you want to dine at prime time, you'll have to wast half your evening waiting in line...
                For an elegant steak with a great atmosphere and not too far from downtown, take your wife to the Rainbow Lodge. My personal favorite there is the bison ribeye. It's fantastic!!

Rainbow Lodge is fantastic. I got the nilgia filet the last time I was there. Awesome place

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post

That part sounds fantastic! Hope you find a good steak.

Comment

Within Downtown as already mentioned Vic & Anthony's and Pappas are best. A reasonable Uber ride I'd go to Georgia James, B&B or the new Perry's that opened on West Gray in River Oaks--there is a good chance your hotel will take you to one of those and pick you up for a tip. There is absolutely no way I would travel to the galleria area or past to have steak if I was staying in Downtown.

There is no reason to go to Taste of Texas, Killens on Voss, Del Friscos, Pappas on westheimer, Steak 48, Mastros or Rainbow Lodge for what you are wanting unless you want to sit in traffic.

Comment

I went to Papas Bros about a month ago, best steak I’ve ever had.

Comment

Pappas Bros is consistently outstanding.

I’ve heard Killens is also fantastic. We haven’t been there yet - but our anniversary is next month and we may go then ...

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                          You'll have a great meal and experience at any of the following, I'd pick the one closest to you which will probably be Vic & Anthony's:

Pappa's
                          Capital Grille
                          Trulucks
                          Vic & Anthony's
                          Eddie V's
                          Flemings
                          Steak 48
                          Taste of Texas
                          Best list mentioned and taste of texas is just where it belongs... dead last.

Pappas was just number one on some list I read. Only others I've been to is vic and Anthony and Flemings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

They are a little hard to find these days but Bonanza has a good sirloin.

Comment

B&B or Trulucks gets my vote over all that’s mentioned

Comment

B&b or Pappas.

Comment

Working...
                                X