Painting Brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting Brick

Someone in my neighborhood just painted their red brick white with black trim. Painted the red barn white with black trim and it looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      Any chance you could share the product you used?
      Thanks

There are a lot of different application methods, but the typical product is just mortar and sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Someone in my neighborhood just painted their red brick white with black trim. Painted the red barn white with black trim and it looks fantastic.

It looks really good to modernize a house...for now. But pretty soon they will all look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          It looks really good to modernize a house...for now. But pretty soon they will all look the same.

I agree, but their red brick was dated and whomever did the work did a awesome job. Even painted the privacy fence black. I’ll see if google street view has a before.

Comment

We built a colonial style home 15 yrs ago. Neighborhood rules had a to have a certain percentage brick or stucco. If you want an all white house with white columns out front you have to paint it. I didn't want the stucco look because the brick texture looked better and is a superior exterior product IMO. I bought all kinds of colors that were leftover pallets as long as they were the same size and texture. HOA freaked when they saw the patchwork of colors go up.

Comment

I agree, but their red brick was dated and whomever did the work did a awesome job. Even painted the privacy fence black. I’ll see if google street view has a before.

Trust me....I'm familiar with the look.

Comment

Painting Brick

Was your house built between 1986 and 1993?

Ours is light pink as well. Always hated it and this is something I need to look in to. Would prob need to go with a darker roof and trim but I like the German smear look.
                Ours was built in 95

Comment

I’m seeing a lot of new houses out here in the field where they paint the brick white. Perry Homes being one of them. Going back to the colonial look I guess. I like the looks.

Comment

The mid 80s to mid 90s were polluted with different shades of pink brick. MILLIONS of them came out of the then Texas Clay plant in Malakoff. Most had white sugar sand baked on the face.

I stacked untold THOUSANDS of them on the yard when I first went to work.

Comment

This is a bad opinion.[emoji23]

Terrible opinion. To each his own but looks cheap and bland as hell to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                        I bought a Brick home so I dont have to paint...Just trim and it were brick I would not have to Paint it either... Ya probably think I do not like to Paint...Lets put it this way I would rather DIG A HOLE and cover it back up...

Amen brother. I hate painting. A lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lol wife wants to paint the house white. Thanks HG TV. Probably headed that direction in near future. I’ll pick my battles and this is one I don’t really care about.

Comment

Not my house but recently done in my neighborhood. I think it looks great.

Comment

Commonly done and pretty popular still today. I’ve had clients pay more for a brick vs a less expensive brick properly painted. I like the look personally, but to each their own. Your home I’ll do whatever you like!

Comment

Not my house but recently done in my neighborhood. I think it looks great.

It doesn't look bad but I prefer what it looked like before. Doesn't matter what I think though because I'm not paying the taxes on it!

Comment

Working...
                                X