Theologians answer please…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
    But you do have the answer Brother Bill…Its in the last line.

Keep up the Love brother.
    Ditto

Comment

The question is basically, why did God create life to work the way it does? He could of done it a lot of different ways. I believe He did it to reveal himself to us. We can not know the extent of His love and grace without seeing Jesus die on the cross for us. If we are not able to choose sin we won’t understand His righteousness. If there is no fall we will not understand the need for a Savior. If we are not able to see salvation through Christ on the cross we would not understand the extent of His love and grace. It is hard to understand why God designed it all the way He did but ultimately He is revealing all of who He is to all of creation. All His love and grace as well as His justice and righteousness.

There are many good thoughts posted already, I appreciate reading them.

Comment

When we are going through difficult things in life it is hard to hear that this life is about revealing God. When we see the extent of His goodness it will far out weigh trials, as hard as it is to see now. Salvation reveals God’s love and grace to all creation, not just us.
        Last edited by 98ag; 05-11-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I don't think this life is a test. Or purgatory.
          For me it is a gift. Ain't always fun. But each day is a gift. And I appreciate each one as it comes because when they are over, it's over.
          At least here anyway.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Why would God create a spiritual being who’s whole Eternity (thats like forever) is based on his/her short term on earth ?
            Short answer…for His glory
            “For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.” Col 1:16

Comment

I agree but if he is Author of life he already knew what the so called “choice” would be?
              I see it as, He knows the "choice" and He knows the outcome(s) of whatever we decide to do. The part that is on us is to choose the correct path

Comment

Why would God...
                "Why would God..." Is a life long pursuit that will not be answered in a post, 144 character tweet, video, forum, or in any of the greatest writings in history. Yet, we still post the question, and followers will "attempt" to answer the question. That is for the apologetics.
                But it seems, all of humanity has always had an instinct for a god. Even the youngest children look up and wonder. Even Pilot asked Jesus the question. And Jesus remained silent.
                That might just be the lesson itself, at least it seems to me, when I have the deepest questions of the ways of God, to remain silent. And see what happens.

I can say this. I had a question about the ways of God when I was 14. The answer did not come until I was in my 40's. But if we are eternal creatures, as you suggested, I have an eternity to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
                  The question is basically, why did God create life to work the way it does? He could of done it a lot of different ways. I believe He did it to reveal himself to us. We can not know the extent of His love and grace without seeing Jesus die on the cross for us. If we are not able to choose sin we won’t understand His righteousness. If there is no fall we will not understand the need for a Savior. If we are not able to see salvation through Christ on the cross we would not understand the extent of His love and grace. It is hard to understand why God designed it all the way He did but ultimately He is revealing all of who He is to all of creation. All His love and grace as well as His justice and righteousness.
                  To elaborate on this a little more, many people would say the reason God is using the salvation of man to reveal His love, grace and justice to all creation, is to display His right to rule, to all creation.

Comment

That would assume the ability to “know” anything is only possible when the human body is still alive.

My experience tells me we have an eternal awareness like ole boy did in 2 Corinthians 12:2

Just like at the blackjack table, I’m sticking with Brother Bills line.

Comment

[QUOTE=Johnny44;15614112]That would assume the ability to “know” anything is only possible when the human body is still alive.

Not at all. God is continuing to reveal Himself. We will have all eternity to continue receiving revelation of an infinite loving God.

Experience will always help us to know something more, experiencing salvation will help us know God more. The angels seeing what He has done for undeserving man will also gain understanding of the extent of His love and grace. Would we be able comprehend The extent of His love and grace without Christ going to the cross to save us? He could have set up life a lot of deferent ways. I believe He did it this way because it is best, and it reveals parts of who He is that we would not be able to see any other way.

Comment

If I’m already eternal with God why give me the chance to screw it up ?

Make no mistake, I am a knower not by “faith” anymore. I know whats on the other side and glad I’m going there as I got a taste as illustrated in 2 Corinthians 12:2

Johnny, I read 2 Corinthians 12:2. Are you saying you died and went to heaven? If so can you elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                          If your born again you can’t screw it up. You can screw your life up but in the end your still saved. If you could lose your salvation we’d all be toast brother.
                          1000% wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            Maybe not forced but certainly not logical.
                            Worship me or Ill burn you alive forever.....
                            If God knows the beginning and end, then before you were ever created he knew whether you would burn, or go to Heaven.
                            My fate was decided long long ago, before I was ever created.
                            Seems like a lot of suffering here on earth, and after, just so a select few He already knew about can hang out with him later.
                            Like DRT Ive put 100s of these questions to 100s of men of the cloth over my lifetime.
                            Put before them as a little kid countless times, because since I was born, I could never make peace with any of it in my head.
                            People talk about the sacrifice of giving your only son.
                            If I had the power, and knew my son would rise again, well you could kill him a 1000 times, and it would be no sweat off my back, in the scheme of eternity and a all powerful being.
                            But no answers of anykind...
                            Put em all in your "why" bag and ask God when you get there.
                            Or dont, because according to all Ive ever dealt with, when you get to heaven you wont care about those questions, anymore .
                            Such a bewildering topic.
                            Since God knows all things, he by definition knows the future. This means that his plan of saving people through the sacrifice of Jesus and preaching of the gospel was planned long before it took place. One term New Testament writers use to describe this is predestination—the

Comment

“For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect”(1 Cor 1:17) None of us likes to be misunderstood. It bothers us tremendously when our motives are

Comment

Why would God create a spiritual being who’s whole Eternity (thats like forever) is based on his/her short term on earth ?
                                You should check out Jonathan Edward's book, The End For Which God Created the World.

Comment

Working...
                                X