• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
    Must plant something to harvest !
    Kill means to put an end to its life.
    Harvest plants
    Kill animals
    What about wild growing dew berries, black berries, apples, rhubarb, asparagus, mushrooms etc. And once “ picked” or dug up, you are killing them. A buck plants the seed, for the future harvest.
    Last edited by critter69; 05-11-2021, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I say kill when talking to hunters. I'll use shot, took, or harvested in mixed company, with strangers and in written communications.

I can respect that not everyone is familiar with hunting and may not like the idea of killing animals. If I'm discussing outside of fellow hunters, it will always be with an eye toward advocating for hunting. I'm not looking to fuel their ignorance of hunting or its benefits by distilling hunting down to killing an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
        I say kill when talking to hunters. I'll use shot, took, or harvested in mixed company, with strangers and in written communications.

I can respect that not everyone is familiar with hunting and may not like the idea of killing animals. If I'm discussing outside of fellow hunters, it will always be with an eye toward advocating for hunting. I'm not looking to fuel their ignorance of hunting or its benefits by distilling hunting down to killing an animal.

Comment

I have only occasionally had any luck harvesting an animal without killing it?

Comment

At hunting camp I don’t think anyone has been awakened in the morning saying “ it’s time to get up , let’s go harvesting “. :-)

Comment

I say it all the time ( harvest).... but it's a dead horse at this point

Comment

Working...
              X