Theologians answer please…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    If it was easy Johnny we wouldn't need His grace.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    If it were (possible) we wouldn’t need His Grace because nobody goes to the Father cept through Jesus.
    Last edited by Johnny44; 05-11-2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
      He did not create them to disobey. They CHOSE to do so, of their own FREE WILL. No person will GOD create for disobedience. GOD CREATES EACH OF US TO GLORIFY AND WORSHIP HIM.----for no other reason on earth.
      I agree but if he is Author of life he already knew what the so called “choice” would be?

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
        This is certainly good news for me![emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
        Like a lil child am I, lol

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          My entire goal is to live my life to the point that when I die and see Jesus eye to eye, I want him to put his hand on my should and say “dang son, that was hard to watch! You’re safe and sound now! You took a hit and kept on tickin’. Great job.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Keep the track you’re on now and that’s exactly what you’ll hear. Along with I love you son.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
            Keep the track you’re on now and that’s exactly what you’ll hear. Along with I love you son.

Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              Why would God create a spiritual being who’s whole Eternity (thats like forever) is based on his/her short term on earth ?
              Paul has something to say on this subject in Romans 9...

You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? (Romans 9:19-20)

Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles. (Romans 9:21-24)

This is a very well written article that does a way better job breaking it down than I would. There are lots of opinions on this thread so I will just go to what scripture says...

Dr. James WhiteExcerpt from Dr. James White's book "The Potter's Freedom" (pages 211-214):For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I raised

Comment

Good stuff and y’all make no mistake, I ain’t questioning God’s right. No Sir, no how !

I called myself making a deal with God ONCE, He came through for me. Then, in His Divine sense of Humor…He collected EXACTLY what I offered up !
                Last edited by Johnny44; 05-11-2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I had this exact same conversation with my oldest years ago and the best way I could put it was this: (forgive me if someone else said this already I didn't read all the posts)

Your mom and I knew we wanted to share our life with a child. We knew full well that you would disobey, we knew there was a chance you might be nothing like what we envisioned and might even stray away. But, we wanted to share our life, love, and the hope of an eternal life with Christ.

Yes, God already knew, but He wants to share His glory and eternity with us. I saw in the posts before saying we try to put God in a box we understand and that is really well said. He created us and the universe, how in the world can we understand the fullness of God. We understand enough, His love , His sacrifice, and His grace.

I did read through some of the posts and all seem really thoughtful and spot on. Man I just want to get to Jesus and try not to overthink it.

John 3:16-17, 2 Cor. 12 9-14

Comment

I agree but if he is Author of life he already knew what the so called “choice” would be?
                    He knows but we don't. Sometimes you choose right, sometimes you choose wrong (so do I). Whatever way you chose, God did not make the decision for you, doesn't seem real complicated to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 80transam View Post
                      I had this exact same conversation with my oldest years ago and the best way I could put it was this: (forgive me if someone else said this already I didn't read all the posts)

Your mom and I knew we wanted to share our life with a child. We knew full well that you would disobey, we knew there was a chance you might be nothing like what we envisioned and might even stray away. But, we wanted to share our life, love, and the hope of an eternal life with Christ.

Yes, God already knew, but He wants to share His glory and eternity with us. I saw in the posts before saying we try to put God in a box we understand and that is really well said. He created us and the universe, how in the world can we understand the fullness of God. We understand enough, His love , His sacrifice, and His grace.

I did read through some of the posts and all seem really thoughtful and spot on. Man I just want to get to Jesus and try not to overthink it.

John 3:16-17, 2 Cor. 12 9-14
                      Excellent post!

Comment

Why would God create a spiritual being who’s whole Eternity (thats like forever) is based on his/her short term on earth ?
                        I’ve read this over a few times and I wanted to comment earlier but wanted to make sure that I could answer the above question and
                        I can’t!!
                        I like what Pineywoods wrote about how Romans 9 breaks it down..
                        And the verse that comes to my mind is Isaiah 55:8-9
                        New King James Version
                        8 “For(A) My thoughts are not your thoughts,
                        Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
                        9 “For(B) as the heavens are higher than the earth,
                        So are My ways higher than your ways,
                        And My thoughts than your thoughts.

But I know one thing is for sure that August the 5th of 2003 at 7:30 In The evening I got REBORN!
                        Heaven bound..
                        What drove me to that point?
                        My mentality handicapped Brother was murdered,I lost a 70k a year job a week later and after that tore a 20 year marriage apart..
                        And was killing my pain with drugs and alcohol
                        Three weeks before being Reborn I fought suicide ( any one want to call me a coward?)
                        All I could hear was pull the trigger you’ve done lost everything anyway!!
                        The devil is a Liar!!
                        I’m here today to say that God Created the oceans seas and mountains and everything in them and around them!!
                        Thank you Johnny44 for posting the thread..
                        I don’t have all the answers but I WORSHIP THE LIVING GOD WHO DOES!
                        Be blessed

Comment

Ima bust out the catch all. “The Lord works in mysterious ways...”

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            It's a good question.
                            I also wonder, Jeremiah 1:5
                            New International Version

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
                            before you were born I set you apart;
                            I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

If as spiritual beings we were before we were humans, what were we doing? What part or piece did we play? If we were before, and we will be after, what really is the point of this trip we call the human experience?

And I've spoken with priests, pastors and well studied ministers. None have the answer. Or give the answer that when we get to heaven all will be revealed. So if we go to hell we'll stay is suspense?
                            For those who subscribe to the existence of Purgatory, some believe that our Earthly existence is our time spent there. A temporary state for the purpose of atoning(?) for one’s sins and to prepare oneself for heaven.

I certainly don’t claim to know, but this hypothesis appeals to my linear sense of logic.

Comment

Off subject but I think the problem with theology is it tries to interpret God's Word with the mind to settle the conflict with our heart. Problem is our mind is already compromised by the world we live in so we try to rationalize between all that conflicting information to reconcile our heart. Thats backwards. To solve that issue Gods Word must enter through one's heart and then we can allow the mind to follow and reconcile the mind to the heart. Jesus is the Word. He was the Word come in the flesh. As a believer he now lives in my heart so The Word is eternally written there. Reading the Bible and knowing that what I'm reading is already written in my heart allows me to let my mind follow what it already knows. I no longer have any conflict or need to make it make sense. It just does because it's THE Truth and I can't reason or rationalize with THE Truth.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by rolylane6; 05-11-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

But you do have the answer Brother Bill…Its in the last line.

Keep up the Love brother.

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                                I’ve read this over a few times and I wanted to comment earlier but wanted to make sure that I could answer the above question and
                                I can’t!!
                                I like what Pineywoods wrote about how Romans 9 breaks it down..
                                And the verse that comes to my mind is Isaiah 55:8-9
                                New King James Version
                                8 “For(A) My thoughts are not your thoughts,
                                Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
                                9 “For(B) as the heavens are higher than the earth,
                                So are My ways higher than your ways,
                                And My thoughts than your thoughts.

But I know one thing is for sure that August the 5th of 2003 at 7:30 In The evening I got REBORN!
                                Heaven bound..
                                What drove me to that point?
                                My mentality handicapped Brother was murdered,I lost a 70k a year job a week later and after that tore a 20 year marriage apart..
                                And was killing my pain with drugs and alcohol
                                Three weeks before being Reborn I fought suicide ( any one want to call me a coward?)
                                All I could hear was pull the trigger you’ve done lost everything anyway!!
                                The devil is a Liar!!
                                I’m here today to say that God Created the oceans seas and mountains and everything in them and around them!!
                                Thank you Johnny44 for posting the thread..
                                I don’t have all the answers but I WORSHIP THE LIVING GOD WHO DOES!
                                Be blessed

Comment

Working...
                                X