Cost of replacing water heaters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of replacing water heaters...

Well got home from the store and there is water leaking from the ceiling in the garage... We have two 50 gallon electric water heaters in the attic and ones given up the ghost... I am not sure what it cost to replace but I guess I am going to find out soon. Maybe the wife will let me replace it or I need to see what it will cost for someone in North San Antonio / Bulverde to do it.

and idea's?

Thanks guys

Go tankless

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably a grand plus or minus.

Comment

Last one I had done was right around $600. Next time, I will go tankless

Comment

Should be able do do it yourself for under 1100. Hardest part is getting the old ones out.. other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

My last quote for a fifty gallon was $1200 two years ago. You can do it yourself for a third of that.

Comment

BOTH* for 1100, if done yourself

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Drain the rest of the water out. Get it out of the attic and get the new one up there. I would replace the existing flex water lines with a new set. Reconnect the water lines and the electrical. Don't turn the power back on until you have bled out all the air and you are SURE the tank is full of water.

Comment

I just replaced a 50 gallon a few weeks ago. It was $600 and the install took about an hour. Getting the new one up and the old one down was 30 minutes of that so pretty dang easy. I bought a hoist for $80 and bolted it on a bar and ran it through the rungs on my little giant ladder and got them in and out of the attic with ease.

Comment

I’d say about a grand

Comment

$700-800.

Comment

I don’t have the fuses I would need to use to do electric tankless

Comment

I have 2 tankless - just replaced 1 that was 15 years old and it was $3800 to get it installed and everything back up to code! If I were to do it again ( and I will because the other is the same age) I’m going back to a very good quality tank! Tankless work fine for small area’s but they are still very expensive! Replace it yourself if you have a good back .

Comment

$600-$800 as mentioned above. Maybe a tick more being in the attic

Comment

Go ahead and do them both while your doing them especially if they are the same age. Get a buddy ( not your wife) to help you and save a bundle.

Comment

Working...
                              X