Theologians answer please…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
    My term “theologian” was purposeful. The Bible says you ain’t gotta be too smart to get it.
    This is certainly good news for me![emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      This is certainly good news for me![emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      Good, because more often than not the folk thinking they are more educated (theologians) stay away from discussions such as this because they feel “enlightened”.

I like discussions that are on the subject of common questions those “seeking” do ask.

Comment

Why would God create a spiritual being who’s whole Eternity (thats like forever) is based on his/her short term on earth ?
        I'm no Theologian.
        To succinctly answer your question.
        HE choose to create us.
        Why?
        HE choose to

The Bible opens with these words
        Genesis 1:1 NASBS
        In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

It's all about choice, has been and always will be

Comment

My term “theologian” was purposeful. The Bible says you ain’t gotta be too smart to get it.

Good stuff here folk !

I don’t subscribe to the “dry fire” theory since God is perfect and I don’t even think he would “test” His work. Good one though.

I do subscribe to Mysteries and that I cannot comprehend God’s “Box”.

“Dryfire” may have been the wrong usage. Dry fire testing would imply that he was testing himself and his ability to create perfectionThat’s not what I’m trying to get at.

I’m trying to say he tests “us” the creation. It’s very clear we will either pass or fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

God’s choice or Man, whats the subject? I believe in Man’s free will but I also believe the other theory could be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              “Dryfire” may have been the wrong usage. Dry fire testing would imply that he was testing himself and his ability to create perfectionThat’s not what I’m trying to get at.

I’m trying to say he tests “us” the creation. It’s very clear we will either pass or fail.

There is also scripture that supports if we “fail” God will “Prop us up”.

Comment

There is also scripture that supports if we “fail” God will “Prop us up”.

Yes, we won’t pass every single test. Only Jesus did that. The goal is to try our best.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
                    God is omnipotent, all knowing, and states that Christ was formed before the foundation of the world.
                    Agree and add all powerful.

IMO God can do anything but sin. He does not want nor desire our understanding or approval. There are many items/happenings in the Bible that make no sense to me. One being in King David’s census in 2 Samuel 24. God is angry with Israel, so God incites David to count the people. This is a sin and David’s punishment is to choose one of three calamities to befall on Israel. Why put did God incite David and put this burden on David vs just simply strike down Israel?

There's also the example of Job.

God simply desires obedience and faith which are not necessary the same thing. IMO those facilitate actions like praying, reading bible, etc. I’ll admit obedience and faith are hard at times. Thankful for his grace and mercy.

Comment

My entire goal is to live my life to the point that when I die and see Jesus eye to eye, I want him to put his hand on my should and say “dang son, that was hard to watch! You’re safe and sound now! You took a hit and kept on tickin’. Great job.”

Comment

Yes, we won’t pass every single test. Only Jesus did that. The goal is to try our best.

Also important to note that not every test is of God even though Rm 8:28 applies

Some things are caused by our own sin

Some things are caused by others sin and we have to deal with it

Some things are because we have to deal with the issues if a broken world

And sometimes God tests us (but never tempts us to sin)

Looking back, I know the majority of my hardships were caused by my own rebellion and sin. Thankful for grace!

Comment

I try to do good, love God, Love my neighbors as myself (not easy) and the more I utilize the Lord’s money back guarantee in John 7:17, the more I get it. It think it all brings a Peace & Joy in the midst of this world.

Comment

If it was easy Johnny we wouldn't need His grace.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My entire goal is to live my life to the point that when I die and see Jesus eye to eye, I want him to put his hand on my should and say “dang son, that was hard to watch! You’re safe and sound now! You took a hit and kept on tickin’. Great job.”

Good grief, THIS!

Comment

But God created them to disobey and KNEW they would…He is the Author of Life !
                                He did not create them to disobey. They CHOSE to do so, of their own FREE WILL. No person will GOD create for disobedience. GOD CREATES EACH OF US TO GLORIFY AND WORSHIP HIM.----for no other reason on earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X