Painting Brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting Brick

They are building a new home near me (Spec Home). I went by yesterday and they had painted the brick white. I have noticed several new brick homes where they painted the brick as well. To each their own, but I don`t know why you would paint new brick. New construction is out of control anyway and this would just jack it up some more. Good painters aren`t cheap and neither is paint. Plus you have maintenance on the brick from then on. Thoughts??

Some people buy the cheapest brick they can get and then paint it. They may come out ahead. I've seen several do it. Brick painted white does look better than just buying white brick.... in my opinion.

Comment

Pallets of Mixed and matched brick colors can be bought cheaper... I personally think painted brick houses look good... And anyone who has accidentally painted brick knows it ain't coming off.. Lol

Comment

We used a masonry product to do german smear technique to our house. Literally costs us about $150-$200 worth of supplies and took about 3-4 days working for 4-5hrs each day. Looks way better than just brick.

Comment

Maye because of lead times and people don't want to take more price increases, they take whatever they can get. If they don't like it, paint it.

Comment

the wife is wanting to paint our Brick, and according to info from previous owner this was "special" brick brought in from some place, shoot I'll pint it Gray like she wants and be better off as it get green on the bottom from the moisture i am told... i think its better that way you want to change colors , "purple" you can do it

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
              We used a masonry product to do german smear technique to our house. Literally costs us about $150-$200 worth of supplies and took about 3-4 days working for 4-5hrs each day. Looks way better than just brick.
              Please share the details.....considering this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                Have a pic? We were thinking to do the same to our bayhouse but chickened out.

Comment

Painted brick started trending well before costs to build skyrocketed. Paint grade brick is somewhat cheaper but at this point it is about as difficult to find as any other white or gray brick. Add to that the additional labor and material to paint it and you end up with a more expensive product. I built my painted brick home 3 years ago and haven’t had to do any maintenance yet but it’s just a matter of time I’m sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                    Painted brick started trending well before costs to build skyrocketed. Paint grade brick is somewhat cheaper but at this point it is about as difficult to find as any other white or gray brick. Add to that the additional labor and material to paint it and you end up with a more expensive product. I built my painted brick home 3 years ago and haven’t had to do any maintenance yet but it’s just a matter of time I’m sure.
                    Yep, plain brick made specifically to paint has the longest lead time of any of them right now, due to demand....and I don't discount it.

There are some houses we use old obsolete inventory on, or an off run, and that WAS cheaper in some cases, but those days are gone.

We're taking all we can get of anything right now, and it's sold before I can get it. I just got out of a meeting with some guys about hauling brick in from N. Carolina....

Comment

I've got several houses around me that went up with plain old ugly red brick. Big fancy houses, and they painted the brick. I wouldn't build now, and know of people selling there houses for double for what they built them for, and are living in nice RV's until the market tanks. These folks are in real estate. It's a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                        Some people buy the cheapest brick they can get and then paint it. They may come out ahead. I've seen several do it. Brick painted white does look better than just buying white brick.... in my opinion.
                        Brick painted white looks better than any unpainted brick.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                          Brick painted white looks better than any unpainted brick.

This is a bad opinion.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                            They are building a new home near me (Spec Home). I went by yesterday and they had painted the brick white. I have noticed several new brick homes where they painted the brick as well. To each their own, but I don`t know why you would paint new brick. New construction is out of control anyway and this would just jack it up some more. Good painters aren`t cheap and neither is paint. Plus you have maintenance on the brick from then on. Thoughts??
                            Around here Most of the houses in the million dollar neighborhood are painted white brick with black trim. That is the new style of million dollar homes. And yes mine is not white brick and black trim.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              This is a bad opinion.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your opinion of this opinion is biased! [emoji38]

Comment

Working...
                              X