No announcement yet.

Theologians answer please…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those thinking we have free will or not are both correct scripturally but that ain’t what I’m talking about here

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
      Adam and Eve were not created for a short term. They chose disobedience and we are the result of that.
      But God created them to disobey and KNEW they would…He is the Author of Life !

Comment

I always like when Christianity bleeds into philosophy. What I have learned in my time on earth, after experiencing many things now that are supernatural, is that God is so much bigger than the box we put Him in for an hour and a half on Sunday mornings. We read about the perfect Garden of Eden and how we screwed it up, but yet never question why the fallen angel was allowed to be there. God is omnipotent, all knowing, and states that Christ was formed before the foundation of the world. He knew from the start how it would all go, knowing before the beginning we would need a Savior. He formed Adam first, and then from Adam, he formed Eve. Yet, it was Eve that Lucifer tempted first, knowing that he could not tempt Adam, but that Eve was Adam's only weakness. My belief is that this is not our only life, or our first life (once again, my belief). We like to say that life begins at conception, and use this as our defense against abortions, but don't take into consideration that statistically, 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. That is a lot of souls going right back to God in utero. To the child who dies at birth, or at the age of 8, to the person born severely cognitively handicapped, what of those lives? There is so much more in the way that God works that we could never fathom, He's just that big. I mean, we believe in a universe, that is infinite in all directions, and yet, He created it all. Why so big, for a living being like ourselves that are so small. The undeniable connections that we have with total strangers, the feelings of knowing someone much longer than the hour or so that we talk with them. Eternal connections that our fleshly body can't understand, but souls recognize, as if through the hazy fog of trying to remember a dream that you had. I believe there is an end to it all, as prophesied in the Bible, I believe that Jesus is the way and the truth, but that we are much more eternal than we understand, going in both directions, forward and backwards. God had no beginning after all, so whose to say that we haven't been around much longer than our human brains will allow us to remember.

Comment

I agree. And this is what I tell folks too. I can't fit God in a box. Or even intobjust His words He gave us in the bible.
          So for me it isn't about religion. It's about relationships. With Him and people. I accept His gift and hope that is enough because what I do and fail to do will have sealed my fate if not.
          May God's light and life shine upon us all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Split_Brow View Post
            I always like when Christianity bleeds into philosophy. What I have learned in my time on earth, after experiencing many things now that are supernatural, is that God is so much bigger than the box we put Him in for an hour and a half on Sunday mornings. We read about the perfect Garden of Eden and how we screwed it up, but yet never question why the fallen angel was allowed to be there. God is omnipotent, all knowing, and states that Christ was formed before the foundation of the world. He knew from the start how it would all go, knowing before the beginning we would need a Savior. He formed Adam first, and then from Adam, he formed Eve. Yet, it was Eve that Lucifer tempted first, knowing that he could not tempt Adam, but that Eve was Adam's only weakness. My belief is that this is not our only life, or our first life (once again, my belief). We like to say that life begins at conception, and use this as our defense against abortions, but don't take into consideration that statistically, 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. That is a lot of souls going right back to God in utero. To the child who dies at birth, or at the age of 8, to the person born severely cognitively handicapped, what of those lives? There is so much more in the way that God works that we could never fathom, He's just that big. I mean, we believe in a universe, that is infinite in all directions, and yet, He created it all. Why so big, for a living being like ourselves that are so small. The undeniable connections that we have with total strangers, the feelings of knowing someone much longer than the hour or so that we talk with them. Eternal connections that our fleshly body can't understand, but souls recognize, as if through the hazy fog of trying to remember a dream that you had. I believe there is an end to it all, as prophesied in the Bible, I believe that Jesus is the way and the truth, but that we are much more eternal than we understand, going in both directions, forward and backwards. God had no beginning after all, so whose to say that we haven't been around much longer than our human brains will allow us to remember.
            God uses a lot of absolutes when talking about who goes to heaven.
            Just because you were aborted, died as a child, etc..doesnt mean you get a free ride imo.

Comment

I definitely think about stuff like this, but it makes my brain hurt and sometimes I just have to come back to these words.

Isaiah 55:8-9
              For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Comment

Some good questions and some good answers.One thing I’ve discovered is that a lot of the Bible is written in poetic form and figures of speech. So it’s not always to be taken in a literal and black and white matter.I’ve also seen how pagan philosophy and doctrine have infiltrated so called Christian beliefs that’s why a lot of religious leaders can’t answer some of the simple questions.Just like the hellfire doctrine if you read in the ancient original writings there was no burning hellfire mentioned but after translating the Bible finally into English with some fearful doctrine mixed in with tainted teaching you have a horrible horrible false teaching that bewilders people.From what I’ve seen satan has made sure he messes with people’s faith in all kinds of ways even from good hearted well meaning pastors.I encourage people to do prayerful research and Bible reading on there own don’t just go by what tradition and the mainstream teach.The King James Bible is a great Bible and was a blessing but it’s not the original and not in today’s English I suggest using multiple bibles when doing research and study just doing that helps clarify some things.As mentioned earlier faith is very important we can’t wrap our head around everything.One thing that helped my faith is when I really proved that the Bible was scientifically,historically and prophetically accurate.The Bible is the only book I’ve come across that will help any one in the world that applies its teaching there is not one bad thing that comes from its message.2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for all men and all things.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                  Too easy of an answer.

If we were Created by Him and he knew us before the womb and we have an eternal disposition after our physical death then we are eternal beings. Why if we are already of God do we get sent here where our eternal disposition with Him can be changed. I know we are here to Worship Him.
                  You are not already of God...Humanity is created.

We have a start. God does not.

I think that is the jest of your question?

Comment

I think people tend to overthink Christianity (I'm guilty of it as well). I just try to focus on what I do know: I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and for that reason I know where I'll be when my time here is done. That's it. The rest is just stuff to get worked up over, and none of us have the answers anyway.

Comment

Johnny, let’s say you were an engineer. You spent alot of time creating bows. You were looking to build the perfect bow. Finally you created it. By the time you had created it, you knew every bolt and every hole. You know the exact fiberglass count in the limbs. Would you just hang the bow up on a shelf and look at it? Or would you put it to use and let it prove itself?

You will never fully understand or find the answers you seek.

One thing people forget is, in the beginning god created Adam and Eve. He also put the snake there. He put the snake there to test them. Kinda like putting a bow you made thru a “dry fire” test to make sure it’s durable.

We are put on this earth to prove we are worthy.

Yes he created us
                      Yes he tests us
                      Yes we pass or fail.

We will never totally understand, we aren’t meant to. Hold tight, stay the course and focus on Jesus. When you stumble and fall get back up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Here is an answer from an actual reformed theologian --
                        God would be just to condemn us even if we only sinned for five seconds. The time it takes us to sin does not measure the gravity of the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                          If I’m already eternal with God why give me the chance to screw it up ?

Make no mistake, I am a knower not by “faith” anymore. I know whats on the other side and glad I’m going there as I got a taste as illustrated in 2 Corinthians 12:2
                          I'm also not a theologian but the best way I can explain it is so you would have the opportunity to choose Him. If he did not give you a choice, you would be forced by Him to be with Him. Love isn't forced on someone. They must have a choice in it. Imagine if you could just force any woman you desired to be your wife. No matter how much you care for her, if she doesn't reciprocate, the relationship has little meaning. God wants us to choose Him.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                            Johnny, let’s say you were an engineer. You spent alot of time creating bows. You were looking to build the perfect bow. Finally you created it. By the time you had created it, you knew every bolt and every hole. You know the exact fiberglass count in the limbs. Would you just hang the bow up on a shelf and look at it? Or would you put it to use and let it prove itself?

You will never fully understand or find the answers you seek.

One thing people forget is, in the beginning god created Adam and Eve. He also put the snake there. He put the snake there to test them. Kinda like putting a bow you made thru a “dry fire” test to make sure it’s durable.

We are put on this earth to prove we are worthy.

Yes he created us
                            Yes he tests us
                            Yes we pass or fail.

We will never totally understand, we aren’t meant to. Hold tight, stay the course and focus on Jesus. When you stumble and fall get back up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            well put !!

Comment

My term “theologian” was purposeful. The Bible says you ain’t gotta be too smart to get it.

Good stuff here folk !

I don’t subscribe to the “dry fire” theory since God is perfect and I don’t even think he would “test” His work. Good one though.

I do subscribe to Mysteries and that I cannot comprehend God’s “Box”.
                              Last edited by Johnny44; 05-11-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                God uses a lot of absolutes when talking about who goes to heaven.
                                Just because you were aborted, died as a child, etc.. doesn't mean you get a free ride imo.
                                He does, IE all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. However, I do believe common grace is extended to the unborn, children under a certain age (depends on the child), and the mentally handicapped.

The Bible, like most things in life has to be put in context. Given the above passage, one could argue against my thoughts on the unborn and children. However, it is my belief, bringing the entirety of the Bible in context and God's nature, (as my limited understanding) that my friends who've had miscarriages, will get to see their kids in heaven. Ironically, those particular friends somewhat disagree with me on that, but that just breeds healthy discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X