Thompson Temple Whitetail Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious if anybody has done a whitetail hunt with Thompson in the last few years?
    How was the experience?
    I don't mind hunting high fence but I don't want the deer to be led out on a leash.

I've been chatting with him and I'm thinking of taking my 2 sons this coming season.

He saying the ranch is 1 1/2 hrs east of his ranch and there is free lodging available.

Free lodging tells me enough

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Free lodging tells me enough
      No knowledge of the outfit, but "free" lodging just means it's in the price of the hunt.

Comment

if its anything like his ram hunts, you can make it as easy or hard as you want. no personal experience on the whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
          No knowledge of the outfit, but "free" lodging just means it's in the price of the hunt.
          Amen!

Comment

In my experience on a mule deer hunt through him, hes just the middle man on anything besides the sheep hunts. It really was not what it was said to be, but was a fun time.

Comment

Comment

His Ram Hunts are what you make it. His Lodging is part of the uniqueness.

Comment

Looks like Chew posted a new lodge for Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
                    In my experience on a mule deer hunt through him, hes just the middle man on anything besides the sheep hunts. It really was not what it was said to be, but was a fun time.
                    This is kind of what it sounds like. The prices are cheap but I just wish I could talk to somebody who has done it.

Comment

I don't know anything about his whitetail hunts, but we went on a sheep slaughter about 24 years ago. The "free" lodging we stayed in was a bunk house in town back then.

I'm not sure what kind of prices you're looking at, but Tim has a great place that borders Colorado Bend SP called the 587 ranch, I feel like his prices are extremely reasonable and the lodging is great. You might reach out to him if interested. http://www.587ranch.com/hunting I don't see deer hunts listed anymore, but that may be because he is taking limited numbers.
                      Last edited by Chad C; 05-07-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Basically you drive around in the back of his truck till he spots a deer for you to shoot at from the truck. If he has the $150 per day guide fee I guarantee you won’t see the deer until at least the second day!
                        I won’t hunt with him but I’ve seen how he does his whitetail hunts firsthand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post
                          Basically you drive around in the back of his truck till he spots a deer for you to shoot at from the truck. If he has the $150 per day guide fee I guarantee you won’t see the deer until at least the second day!

Man! This tells me all you need to know about the guy and his HF operation

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post

I appreciate the info. That's what I was afraid.

So here's my next question.
                            Does anybody know a reasonably priced place to take a couple young men to shoot a couple cull bucks?
                            Not looking for fancy accomodations, we would actually prefer to tent camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                              I appreciate the info. That's what I was afraid.

So here's my next question.
                              Does anybody know a reasonably priced place to take a couple young men to shoot a couple cull bucks?
                              Not looking for fancy accomodations, we would actually prefer to tent camp.

Not being facetious or snarky, but you can make this happen in most of the National Forests in TX pretty consistently. 50 bucks roughly for the APH and you’re set. A climber or lock on helps, but plenty of ground opportunities. Numerous unimproved hunters camp grounds as well. About as cost effective as you can get.

Best of luck in your endeavor.

Comment

Working...
                              X