No announcement yet.

Lost an old friend today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss. Get another dog, not replacing the one you lost, but give another one a great life. That helped me more than anything when I lost my companion of 13 years.

Comment

You cannot buy the unconditional love and loyalty of a good dog.
      Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry for your loss. As hard as it sounds, moving on is the best medicine. Just remember the next one isn’t a replacement. I had a stray show up when I was cutting hay one day after my Aussie passed. He hung around all day and ate lunch with me when I shut down to swap tractors. It was almost like he chose me. He’s been here ever since.

Comment

So sorry

Comment

Sucks....I had to have one of our’s put down last week. It’s never easy. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. You are right, there will never be another like her. Each one is different. Great thing about dogs; It doesn't matter what kind of day you have had, your dog is always glad to see you. We can all learn a good outlook on life from our dogs.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Tough thing to go through

Comment

Never easy loosing a 4 egged companion and part of your family. Went thru this in March and it killed both of us when it was not expected. Prayers.

Comment

Sorry for loss

Comment

So sorry, Kris! It's tough losing our dogs!

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel your pain brother! I had to put mine down two weeks ago today. She started throwing up on a Tuesday morning and couldn’t keep her food down. We thought she had a stomach virus and it would run its coarse. I went to my lease that weekend and my wife ended up taking her to the emergency Vet on Saturday because she started throwing up stomach acid. Her White blood cells where off the chart and she had a big tumor in her liver. I got the news that she had liver cancer on the way back from the lease. When I got home I could tell that she was ready to go. The next day as a family we took her to put her down. They brought her back in the room and laid a blanket down. She laid down on it. We loved on her and then she stood up and gave me a kiss and one each to my daughters and laid back down. They gave her the first injection and she stuck her head into my chest as if to give me a hug good bye. I cried like a baby. No other dog ever stole my heart like she did. The whole family was in shock. This June she would have been 10.
                          Praying for you and your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lock your wife and dog in the trunk in August for an hour and see which one is happy to see you when you open it. That’s what’s dogs do. I truly believe they make us better people. And yes, it’s losing a family member when you have to put him/her down. They always offer something that is a very rare commodity these days. Unconditional love. Prayers for you and yours brother.

Comment

prayers sent, tough loss but she must of been a good one.

-Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Sorry to hear that man....Not much better in this world than a good hunting dog/companion.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X