Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dude that c10!

Comment

That is too cool!

Comment

That’s a couple of sweet rides.

Comment

One day if work and it is so much better. This car was severely neglected. It now has some paint on the engine. A new and correct water pump. Correct alternator bracket. That got rid of the squeal. New plugs and wires. Removed all the strikes wrapped hoses and blue wire loom. I don’t have a good before pic. Trust me this is 1000x better.

Comment

Good job Chris & Aaron

Comment

I'm glad you got it

I was willing to "hold" it for you for a while if you couldn't get the financing worked out

Probably better that it ended up in your garage anyway

Comment

Welcome to the club. I own a first gen money pit as well. 68 RS Z28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
                        Welcome to the club. I own a first gen money pit as well. 68 RS Z28

Beautiful car.

Comment

Thanks- I’ve always wanted one and the right car and deal finally came along a couple of years ago.

Comment

Nice toys!

Comment

So I took the engine out last week. It was running strong. Car is pretty quick. It did have a bad vibration that I thought might be flywheel or a harmonic balancer issue. It leaks oil from most places it can. Most importantly though I found two flat bits of metal off the magnetic frail plug in the oil pan that were the size of a pencil eraser. Had me concerned. After taking the engine down I found a severely loose motor mount (frame side, not motor side). The metal bits were part of a previous dip stick. Pulled a main and rod cap. Bearings are awesome and the clearance was spot on so I left the crank and pistons in it. It’s a standard bore 4 bolt main. Aftermarket iron heads with 220 intake runners, 2.02 and 1.6 valves. 64cc chambers should leave it about 9:1 compression. Forged pistons. Cast crank. All what I was expecting to find. It’s all put together. Should have it back in in the next few weeks.

Comment

Well I didn’t keep the car together long before tearing it down to become better. I have a long way to go but I’ve now acquired the new centerpiece. This is a Texas Speed LS7 all aluminum 427. Has 11.5:1 compression aggressive cam all the good stuff done to the heads. Should be 750hp at the crank. I’m really considering making this a trans-am tribute car with a cage and number 55 on it. Wife and I are still discussing. I’ll be pulling the front clip to redo all the front suspension, steering, and prepping for the new engine next.

Comment

Working...
                                X