Texas surf shark fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
    What’s the general thought on using a rod with rollers on the beach?
    I'm not a fan and don't see the need anyway, we're not looking at Tuna speed runs. One of my favorite rods (action) had rollers and always had to mess with at least one of the rollers on it to spin freely as I'd like.

Comment

What is the best website to order hooks/ premise leaders that meet the new hook requirements? Pretty much all my big hooks are now no bueno

Comment

Catch sharks.com

Comment

Catch sharks is good quality and quick service.
          Oz bought the company a few years back.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

X3 on Catchsharks. I've had nothing but good experiences and quality gear from there.

Comment

I definitely like what he has on catch sharks. Was wondering if there’s anything else out there. Those leaders he makes are pretty nice

Comment

Also about how long does Oz take to ship?

Comment

These dudes have a lot of building supplies and misc stuff. https://catchalltackle.com/

Comment

Also about how long does Oz take to ship?
                    He's always been quick when I've ordered from him.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad someone started this thread! I have a buddy that is a pretty hard core sharker. Went on my first trip with him a few years ago and I was hooked! Still new to the game but shark fishing is up there with duck hunting, about as addicting as it gets! Only been able to go once this summer. Went to Matagorda a few weeks ago. Couple of runs but no hookups. Using cut stingray for bait and could see the bites they took out of them. Managed to catch a couple of 18” black tips but the highlight of the trip was a 38” bull red! My biggest bull to date. Will probably be September before I make it back down but will be following along with this thread. Tight lines!

Comment

What’s the general thought on using a rod with rollers on the beach?
                        I have 1 full roller rod that I use with one of my Avet 80Ws and it has never given me an issue, you can get sealed bearings on the newer guides so sand isn't an issue and I wash all my gear with fresh water after every trip. I see alot of full rollers in Florida where they plant them in the beach and fight while sitting in the sand. Here in texas we mainly use shark racks when we use big roller rods so you are pretty high off the sand.

As far as fishing tackle I buy from a friend of mines shop in Corpus that makes all their own weights, leaders. Hard Life Fishing Tackle, he has a youtube channel and shows alot of good tips on gear and shark fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdawg View Post
                          I have 1 full roller rod that I use with one of my Avet 80Ws and it has never given me an issue, you can get sealed bearings on the newer guides so sand isn't an issue and I wash all my gear with fresh water after every trip. I see alot of full rollers in Florida where they plant them in the beach and fight while sitting in the sand. Here in texas we mainly use shark racks when we use big roller rods so you are pretty high off the sand.

As far as fishing tackle I buy from a friend of mines shop in Corpus that makes all their own weights, leaders. Hard Life Fishing Tackle, he has a youtube channel and shows alot of good tips on gear and shark fishing.
                          I like hardlifes videos. I’ve learned a bunch from them.

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                            What’s it looking like down your way Alex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Guess this is our answer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                              Guess this is our answer

This is crap dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Luckily my one trip this year was an awesome one. But all the Northern guys are still going out and participating in the Rodeo, while we are SOL...

Comment

Working...
                                X