No announcement yet.

killing a coyote with a shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray a shot of WD-40 down the muzzle before you shoot and you’ll gain substantial range with a tighter pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Within 30 to 35 yards and shoot it in the head and neck area. 3" lead BB or #4 buck would do the trick a lot better. It's probably gonna run after you shoot it. At least a little ways.

You're definitely gonna want to shoot it in the face and empty the gun until it stops spinning or running.
      Last edited by okrattler; 10-04-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

12 ga 3" mag #4 Buckshot hits with an impressive 41 pellets

Comment

3.5” 00 Buck will get their attention I can promise you. Let em have it, then have it some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Spray a shot of WD-40 down the muzzle before you shoot and you’ll gain substantial range with a tighter pattern.

Hmmmm, would this work with a turkey shoot? SSSHHHHH

Comment

3 inch number 2 steel through a IM Benelli Nova has been deadly to several coyotes that thought my goose decoys looked good enough to eat. Most shots have been 30-50 yards. None have got away that made it that close.

Comment

Best I have used is #1 magnum buckshot. I was shooting them from an airplane and it was the best at the longer distances.

Comment

I killed 2 while dove hunting near El Paso one time. 5 rounds of 20 gauge 7.5's did the trick. When I was calling them I used 000 buck on them and never had any issues. I wasn't hunting for fur though.

Comment

killing a coyote with a shotgun?

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                    Hmmmm, would this work with a turkey shoot? SSSHHHHH

Yes, it’s not super predictable though.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-04-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Kill them all! Gut shoot them if possible. Can u tell how fond I am of them,

Comment

I killed them with 177 pellet and 22 shorts ..at 25y ish just gota hit them in heart lung
                        /no shoulder and the will run 100y or so and die..They just cant live without O2 or Blood...
                        I choot them out of My patio window..we got mesquite pasture across my Fence 20y behind my house..We throw food scraps across and it attracts lots///fox/yotes/coon/poss/bobcat rarely...I only shoot Yotes...and coon or poss that start being a pest on my patio get it

Comment

called one in across the Rio from Mexico last year on a duck hunt. 30 yard shot dead with steel 3" steel #6 full choke. Tracked about 50 yards and finished him off with a PDX but didnt need it.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by BuckRage; 10-06-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Shoot the same choke you would sling those loads at geese with. Closer the better, but I would be willing to shoot out to 50yd with those 3.5” shells if that’s as close as you could get. No matter what the range, follow up multiple times, even if you dont think it is necessary.

Comment

I'll assume you meant #4 buckshot. Inside 40 yd works great. Have done it lots.

If actually #4 birdshot, inside 20 yd I would guess, haven't ever tried...because...it never occurred to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
                                I'll assume you meant #4 buckshot. Inside 40 yd works great. Have done it lots.

If actually #4 birdshot, inside 20 yd I would guess, haven't ever tried...because...it never occurred to me.

Ive killed plenty with #4 and #6 birdshot at 30-50 yds with mod chokes.

Comment

Working...
                                X