Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Id find someone who has actually killed something with horns out there

There was a guy a few years back that made some Christmas money I believe.
    Yep you are correct. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
      I will be at the standby this year. I was not aware when I bought my first ever permit the drawing was as simple as it is. Some hunts require a fair $ to even to a shot at the draw. I left a message to the Game Warden number listed in the book to educate me a bit on the standby. He has not called. I see stands obviously left up long term. Some look abandoned but were quality once upon a time? I guess enforcement is limited. I built a light small ladder set up I hope to leave but I try to follow rules. If I move it around and update tag maybe it is legal. Also it is clear Hunter Orange is required. Being up front, once I am hidden and not moving would they come down on me for removing the orange per say while up in a tree?
      yes. Will get ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Gained a lot of public spots before the forum data scrubbing started. Had a co-worker send me some pics he had taken with his smart phone from his "lease" and after checking the data they were actually from hagerman... hmmm.

I always make sure to turn off GPS in my exif data

Comment

Thanks for comments. I am still waiting for mail package for rules etc. Found a lot on line and even spoke with one of the Rangers. I assume I can quarter up a pig so as not to have to drag carry all the weight at once in the event I am in pretty deep. The Corps Ranger said that was acceptable but noted TX parks and Wildlife was the source to clarify questions. 2 years ago white bass wade fishing I witnessed 4 or 5 medium sized pigs run in to the water snarling and snapping at 2 or 3 fishermen wading in the river than turn and run away. Wow! Unsure what provoked it but scary either way.
          i call Bull****. keep ur rookie comments off here!!!
          granger pigs run away!!!!!1000 percent of the time. this aint tv

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
            Best bet for Granger is just get out there and look for pigs! They are all around the place.

Just pick a spot and go! OnX maps is a good tool to keep you out of trouble, but its pretty easy to navigate out there
            pretty easy to Navigate for rookies they only go to box 7

Comment

Thanks for comments. I am still waiting for mail package for rules etc. Found a lot on line and even spoke with one of the Rangers. I assume I can quarter up a pig so as not to have to drag carry all the weight at once in the event I am in pretty deep. The Corps Ranger said that was acceptable but noted TX parks and Wildlife was the source to clarify questions. 2 years ago white bass wade fishing I witnessed 4 or 5 medium sized pigs run in to the water snarling and snapping at 2 or 3 fishermen wading in the river than turn and run away. Wow! Unsure what provoked it but scary either way.
              scary???????bahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                Watched 2 bucks sparring last night while pulling 2 of my cameras. Does are patterned and with the correct wind could be harvested the 1st weekend without breaking a sweat.
                u couldnt! ur a rookie

Comment

Hey guys and gals,

I’m down in the Corpus Christi area and drew granger lake this year. I’m not going to be able to scout until October 19th(opener) and was wondering if anyone would be willing to private message me with some general spots to look at or hunt. I’m not asking for lat longs of an exact tree to hunt out of but more of some general pointers and things you’ve learned through the years hunting granger. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jdunn6092 View Post
                    Hey guys and gals,

I’m down in the Corpus Christi area and drew granger lake this year. I’m not going to be able to scout until October 19th(opener) and was wondering if anyone would be willing to private message me with some general spots to look at or hunt. I’m not asking for lat longs of an exact tree to hunt out of but more of some general pointers and things you’ve learned through the years hunting granger. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    SMH, how many times do you think you will get out there this year?

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                      I speak only for myself...
                      Applications for Texas public land hunts are up across the board looking at whatever stats are available. More people are looking at PHL and WMAs as an alternative to the ridiculous per gun prices at private leases. Internet surely has an influence but to attribute it to a couple of willing, and generous folks is also ridiculous.
                      It's a gorgeous place, and like anything great the word gets out whether you like it or not. I spent almost a month's worth of days out there coming from DFW. You know I learned about Granger? The dang Drawn hunt catalog. Anyone with less than a 12 pack in them would see it's a great spot. You "locals" are on about nothing. Moose antlers on your back in your avatar...others with access to private lands bordering Granger and more still with exotic animals at their leisure...I don't think TNBoy is the only one that should have Spoiled attached to his name.

Granger piggies ARE delicious! Granger deer ARE delicious. Be prepared to earn them.
                      Not sure how I missed this comment, but I'm glad you "speak only for yourself" because if yout spoke for others that would be pretty scary. The "moose antlers" on my back are from a DIY hunt I did in Alaska. You want to talk about "earning it". Go do an Alaskan DIY hunt then we can talk. Side note, moose are not an "exotic" animal and I promise you, you will not see one out near Granger. Good lord...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thing I comprehend what I read also. Exotic wasn't referring to you, there was more than one reference, the thoughts were separate. You saw red though, and thought the whole post was about you. Just like local lands are all about you.
                        Congratulations on a gorgeous harvest, truly. You missed the point though. Some of us may never get a chance to put in that kind of work no matter how willing and capable we may be. So we rely on these drawn hunts. I'm grateful I got the opportunity to enjoy the suck last season at Granger. I was blessed with some venison as a reward.
                        Have a good season bubba.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                          Not sure how I missed this comment, but I'm glad you "speak only for yourself" because if yout spoke for others that would be pretty scary. The "moose antlers" on my back are from a DIY hunt I did in Alaska. You want to talk about "earning it". Go do an Alaskan DIY hunt then we can talk. Side note, moose are not an "exotic" animal and I promise you, you will not see one out near Granger. Good lord...

Maybe we should introduce some....its swampy enough lol

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                            Good thing I comprehend what I read also. Exotic wasn't referring to you, there was more than one reference, the thoughts were separate. You saw red though, and thought the whole post was about you. Just like local lands are all about you.
                            Congratulations on a gorgeous harvest, truly. You missed the point though. Some of us may never get a chance to put in that kind of work no matter how willing and capable we may be. So we rely on these drawn hunts. I'm grateful I got the opportunity to enjoy the suck last season at Granger. I was blessed with some venison as a reward.
                            Have a good season bubba.
                            I wasn't seeing red. What I saw was a run-on sentence with little to no structure. Periods and commas are your friend. Either way you are ensenuauting that I am spoiled and that public lands are all about me. That would rub any man the wrong way none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              Maybe we should introduce some....its swampy enough lol
                              That would be amazing. Best meat I've ever had. I dont think they do well with the heat though.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                                You just made everyone's point. People like you make it almost impossible for locals like myself and others to get drawn by drawing attention to the draw hunt. Then the ones that do get drawn, don't put the time in because they live 3 hours away, but decide "why not" put in for the hunt because it's easy and free. I myself have put in the last 10 years and have made every standby and have yet to be drawn. Then I see your posts and look at the statistics and say to myself, hmmm I wonder why another 2k people put in this year than last... then I see threads like yours and quickly remember why my odds keep diminishing more and more every year. But hey its public land and a public forum. Enjoy the opportunity you had and your beginners luck being drawn your first year living in Texas and putting in for the hunt.

Wait... GRXH squirrel wasnt apex on your Granger kill list? Next time Ill tree a deer for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X