Acorns falling like rain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Could I pawn off several hundred acres of waist high broomweed on you? They really love that ****...

Hahaha... I’m dealing with that at my local hog place. That’s gonna be a ***** to track anything in.

Comment

our oaks are loaded as well, and the acorns are larger than the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        What if I told y’all that you can kill deer at the oaks and save $ on corn?
        What if I told you that out of the 300+ acres I have to myself, 298 of it is covered in oaks/acorns and it doesn’t really narrow it down?
        Last edited by Daniel75; 09-24-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

I was out in Schleicher county Saturday and there were a few falling. I wouldn't say it's a heavy crop, but you could see them on the trees a bit. I was up in a tree building a blind and an acorn fell on my head....

I'm with Smart, get them jokers off the trees ASAP so we can go back to "regular" hunting. I'm on only 75 acres, but 1/3 of it is oaks. Hard to pick exactly the right clump from 4 hours away.

Comment

I have a black jack oak.in my backyard and the acorns are all ober the ground.

Comment

Loaded and dropping in SE Edwards county.

Comment

I was at my place in Leon county and they are starting to drop. Also noticed a lot of what I call river bottom pecans. They don't get very big but I have some trees that are loaded with them. 2 within 100 yards of my main stand.

Comment

I've got red oak and white oak acorns still on the trees here. Looks like a normal crop this year from what I can see.

Comment

mostly loaded in our neck of the woods.

Comment

Working...
                    X