Texas bests honky tonks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    Any of you make it to the Silver Spur on Tawakoni? My family owned it through the 80s and 90s.
    I used to hear my friend talk about it, but I never went.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      Jiterbugs in nacogdoches was hard to beat. Lots of good times there
      Agreed

Comment

9 Acres, Billy Bobs, White Elephant, Stockyards Saloon, PR’s[emoji15], Woodys in Mineral Wells...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In order of fun had
          Hullabaloos in Pasadena 90s
          Junction on Nasa Rd 1 90s
          Borrowed Money Webster 90's (and it's other names)
          Shoestrings in Dickinson 90s
          Yellow Rose in Alvin 90s
          Red Barn in Kemah
          Gilley's was too crowded
          Honorable mention out of state Tarheel Opry house Jacksonville N.C.

Some of us have definitely crossed paths and at times I wish I had that money back and at other times I think of the fun had.
          Last edited by W-O; 08-23-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
            Had some good times there too. Especially when it was $.50 Fridays.

My favorite of all times has to be New Bielau dance hall. Had some great times there growing up.
            Yes Sir. That was The Place to be

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
              the Debonair in east Dallas n the Old Top Rail in West Dallas are a couple of oldies.
              this and Crystal Chandelier just south of Dallas, met my wife at Cowboys.

Comment

anyone remember the texas pelican?

Comment

Broken Spoke Austin, Greune Hall

Comment

When I was in Huntsville I enjoyed 16th Street station and the red Barn in Phelps.

Comment

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
                      this and Crystal Chandelier just south of Dallas, met my wife at Cowboys.
                      Forgot about the Crystal Chandelier. That was in Lancaster

Comment

You young guys give it up. Rambling Rose in Llano, years ago, was the place to be on Saturday night. Talking forty years are so ago. LOL!! Yes I'm getting my Medicare card in October.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                          You young guys give it up. Rambling Rose in Llano, years ago, was the place to be on Saturday night. Talking forty years are so ago. LOL!! Yes I'm getting my Medicare card in October.
                          I think that was the first club I ever went to in 1983, where I also drank. My dad's 2 best friends from Lake Buchanan took my best friend and I to a country club in the Llano area. I believe it was out in the country, somewhere in the Kingsland to Llano area. Does that sound right? If not, do you know the club I am thinking about? I recall my best friend getting sick on the way back to the house that night.

Edit: I just searched for it, if that is the place I went to, they have moved since 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            I think that was the first club I ever went to in 1983, where I also drank. My dad's 2 best friends from Lake Buchanan took my best friend and I to a country club in the Llano area. I believe it was out in the country, somewhere in the Kingsland to Llano area. Does that sound right? If not, do you know the club I am thinking about? I recall my best friend getting sick on the way back to the house that night.

Edit: I just searched for it, if that is the place I went to, they have moved since 1983.
                            No clue. I've seen Tom T Hall, Faron Young (sp), and other up and coming bands there. It was located west of Llano about a mile are so. This was in the mid to late 70;s.

Comment

Johnny Bush was the regular entertainment at the Ramblin Rose in Llano!! Tin Hall was cool also.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                                the Debonair in east Dallas n the Old Top Rail in West Dallas are a couple of oldies.

... but goodies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X