• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cody’s in Killeen, I mean Harker Heights circa 1997
    Last edited by gneimeth; 08-23-2019, 02:12 PM. Reason: City

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
      That's the one. I was too young, but if I need to see my dear ol Dad that was the parking lot....
      Haha that’s funny mine was there too ! He hung out at all those raggedy *** bars up and down Samuel Blvd and East Grand. Back then that’s where you went to buy alcohol or drink it. The rest of Dallas County was dry.

Comment

Originally posted by force10 View Post
        I spent many Fri and Sat nights there as well. Drove through there about a month ago after dark and could not find the old dance hall. Now I know why...
        How long ago did it burn down?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Per google earth it looks like burned between 2002 and 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          London Dance Hall
          Great place there

I like Arkey Blues in Bandera, but hung out at the Cabaret a lot more.

Floores was good when it was still a honky .

Purple Sage in Uvalde
          Texas Dancehall in Bulverde
          Blue Bonnet Palace in Selma

Lots of good honky tonk dancehalls within an hour of San Antonio back in the day.

Comment

London Dance Hall

This times a million, back in the day!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Pretty sure this was Fanny’s when I was younger. Lord, please forgive me.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It was virginia city before that.. used to have rodeos out back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like a lot of us probably saw each other in these country clubs, and had no clue we'd eventually become "friends" through TBH. Heck, some of us might have fought one another in these same honky tonks!

Comment

Captains Table-Victoria, Tx late 70's early 80's. Place was packed night after night and Ray Hawthorne was the Band.

Comment

Considering that it's Texas Monthly, I wouldn't set my sights too high. Lots of great honky tonks in Texas, that no liberal millennial from that left-leaning rag would set foot in. Also, LMAO at all the "non-smoking" establishments. In a "honky tonk"? Are you for real?

BTW....Neon Boots in Houston is a gay bar. Not a joke, it's a legit LGBT dancehall.

Texas Monthly is a joke.
                    Thank you. You saved me the trouble of typing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                      I laughed so hard at this I got some looks from people here at work. Red River on 249 was my hangout way back then. .75 longnecks on Friday night and 1.00 on Saturday night made for some fun times over there but I doubt it would have ever made any best of list.

I may have spent a evening or 2 at red river back in my prime.

You haven’t been to a real honky tonk if you have never been to Henry’s hideout in magnolia/ plantersville area.

Not really a honky tonk but the country side of night moves called “renegades”. Wednesday night $1 you call it and a wet T shirt contest. Amazing I’m still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        Great place there

I like Arkey Blues in Bandera, but hung out at the Cabaret a lot more.

Floores was good when it was still a honky .

Purple Sage in Uvalde
                        Texas Dancehall in Bulverde
                        Blue Bonnet Palace in Selma

Lots of good honky tonk dancehalls within an hour of San Antonio back in the day.
                        We hit the Silver Dollar, I fell up the stairs there one time, but spent most of our time in the Cabaret.

Went to The Purple Sage a LOT. Saw Steve Wariner there one time.

Some of the best dances and girls was at Knippa Hall and the Uvalde Civic Center. Used to be dances at each place on Saturday night in the 70's.

Street dances in Leakey were fun if it didn't rain and it usually did.

Back in the 70's and early 80's you could find a dance in any town with a KC Hall or a church hall on a Friday or Saturday night.

Around El Campo you had the KC Hall, Silver Wings, Taiton Hall, Nada Hall, Hillje Hall then south a bit you had El Maton Hall.

Good times.

Comment

Any of you make it to the Silver Spur on Tawakoni? My family owned it through the 80s and 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            London Dance Hall
                            I went when they had the deer hunters ball at London Hall. We always had a great time.

Comment

[QUOTE=curtintex;14322452]You misspelled "Jaguars"[/QUOTE

Surely you mean Streakers, that place turned straight ghetto when they sold and became jaguars

Comment

Jiterbugs in nacogdoches was hard to beat. Lots of good times there

Comment

Working...
                                X