No announcement yet.

Texas bests honky tonks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was partial to "The Cadillac" on north side, in Fort Worth, late 80's early 90's.
    It was a happening beer joint.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      London Dance Hall
      I've been there several times too, when we'd go to the deer lease.

Comment

Western Club in Seven Points
        Lakeview in Mustang Tx right south of Corsicana

Comment

I also went to Lee's Silver Fox in Terrell and the Texas Star in Greenville.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            Kosciusko hall and Cestohowa hall back in the day had some wild nights. Those were some women, long and tall and could drink you under the table. Sure are some beautiful women up that way
            Been to both places, I have seen things at Kosciusko Hall. And dont forget Pruski's.

Charley Pride played at K town hall last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              What a out the Debonair Danceland?

Anyone old enough?
              I remember Debonair Danceland on Samuel in Dallas Texas

Comment

The Stampede outside of Big Spring

Comment

Yes, this article sucks. Only love for the whole Houston area was a LBGR....whatever the acronym is club? Boo.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                    Wasn't it open in the morning and catered to people that worked the night shift?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      considering that it's texas monthly, i wouldn't set my sights too high. Lots of great honky tonks in texas, that no liberal millennial from that left-leaning rag would set foot in. Also, lmao at all the "non-smoking" establishments. In a "honky tonk"? Are you for real?

Btw....neon boots in houston is a gay bar. Not a joke, it's a legit lgbt dancehall.

Texas monthly is a joke.
                      lol. Texas Monthly represents the Beto O"Rourke people. Their magazine sucks
                      Last edited by Arrowthreat; 08-23-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Got divorced in 2000. Spent many nights and dollars in either Cowboys Red River, Cowboys Arlington and Southern Junction. Met a LOT of beautiful women in those places, made a lot of friends.

I live right down the road from Southern Junction, been going there a little lately but it's mostly kids (18-25ish). Went out to Cowboys Red River last night for "ladies night"...…...what a joke. They let 18 y/o's in now so the place was nothing but kids.

Any place on the east side of town that has a good middle aged crowd (40 and up) that isn't a dump? Just looking for a place to have a couple of beers, listen to music and dance a little.

Comment

Originally posted by CLR View Post
                          Yep myself also! The fans in the ceiling were still turned by belts.

Those were really cool. Sad it burned down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            One of the liveliest fights I’ve ever been in happened in Rising Sun. It just wouldn’t end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            You should have been at the Longhorn Ballroom when the Sex Pistols got booked. That fight (riot) seemed to last forever.
                            Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                            Wasn't it open in the morning and catered to people that worked the night shift?
                            Drank a couple of beers there at 7:30 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                              Those were really cool. Sad it burned down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              I spent many Fri and Sat nights there as well. Drove through there about a month ago after dark and could not find the old dance hall. Now I know why...
                              How long ago did it burn down?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                                That's the one. I was too young, but if I need to see my dear ol Dad that was the parking lot....

Comment

Working...
                                X