No announcement yet.

Need a quick sour corn/hog attractant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs move around good. They will find it. With time, I'm and diesel guy too. In a hurry, I would go sweet with Jello and sugar. If you are really in a hurry, they love Buck Jam

Comment

Rice bran

Comment

Just throw out some regular ol' corn.

Comment

they ate the heck out of my AntlerMax protein before i was able to get the panels up

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
            Hey guys,

My father in law just surprised us with a visit and would like to take him hog hunting. I ran out yesterday afternoon and threw out a bag of corn and some hog wild but nothing on the camera yet. Is there something else I can make and put out there that works quick? He is only here for 2-3 days and all the sour corn recipes I read take a week or two. Thanks.
            Dude, save your money. All you need is the cheapest Strawberry Jello mixed with corn, soaked for a couple of days or you can do what I have done, forget the corn, pour the jello packet in some wet mud or water puddle.
            Money! If they are close enough to smell it.

Comment

Hogs help my cattle go through a ton of range meal real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                If you are trying to get him on hogs quick, I would do nothing, but throw out corn if I were you. Hogs can be very finicky sometimes. If you throw a bunch of new smells in an area, they will avoid it for a period of time ( I have seen a couple days, up to a week +). They are smarter than most give them credit for.

I have been hunting hogs since I was 9, and have tried just about every attractant. I have not seen anything work better than just corn IN THE RIGHT SPOT. I would find a trail, rootings, etc and corn those. Then put cameras on them, I am willing to bet you will have hogs the first night.
                C&B nailed it. Yes those previously mentioned attractants will work, but it will take time for the hogs to get comfortable with them. You don't have that luxury so I'd go with just corn. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Just corn!
                  Hogs will shy away from new smells for several days sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by sureshot View Post
                    Hogs help my cattle go through a ton of range meal real fast.

What are you feeding it out of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X