Well looky here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well looky here!!

Sutherland said the Galveston canines have effectively quashed a decades-old impression that red wolves were a feckless predator overwhelmed by the numerical superiority of coyotes. He adds that the Galveston group has DNA that can't be found in the animal's captive population.
    From a practical conservation biology standpoint, these animals have special DNA and they deserve to be protected," he said, explaining that conservation easements that restrict development along parts of the Gulf Coast are an essential first step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PondPopper; 01-14-2019, 02:15 AM.

Last edited by PondPopper; 01-14-2019, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Heard about this on the radio this morning. Nature can be pretty sneaky sometimes.

Comment

My Granny has property that backs up to armond bayou refuge property in seabrook and a few years ago I am almost certain I saw some of these. Never have I seen a coyote this big, the size of a german shepard or bigger and they seemed to have a lot more reddish tint to their coat.

Comment

Through the late 70"s and early 80"s I worked summers on the Sabine Refuge in SW La. During the late 70s there was a government trapper catching and relocating wolves and I thought it was to North Carolina. I was on site a few times to view wolves they had caught. They may have had some coyote DNA somewhere down the line but without a doubt the wolf gene was strong ,no one who saw one would think coyote.

Comment

very interesting. My grandfather used to talk about them when I was young but I'm glad to hear they're still sneaking around out there

Comment

There is an issue with these down by Indian and Jamaican beach. Buddy saw one laying is someones yard eating a rabbit that it had caught. Guy was mowing the lawn 30 feet away and the yote didn't care, just laid there in the open. Some of the residents are already shooting these things because of their pets.

Comment

Really cool, I'm sure once they start looking they will find it in others areas as well.

Comment

Working...
                X