Ducks Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducks Anyone?

Hey guys, my 17 year old nephew from Denver is coming into town the 24th-28th. He loves the outdoors, but doesn't get to do much of it in Denver.... he catches some small trout every now and then.

I typically take him duck hunting when he comes in January, but this year my typical spots have been very slow... a couple birds here or there is a good hunt.

I know it has been slow for most people this year, but are there any outfitters that are at least semi consistent with ducks this year? I don't mind paying, but if there is someone here that has ducks on their ponds I have everything I need to hunt as well.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Where are you located

Comment

Bump for getting your nephew outdoors, hope someone can help!

Comment

North Houston area, but am willing to drive.. I typically hunt the coast and that is a 2.5 drive for us.

Comment

I think the Drake Plantation and Riceland Outfitters are both killing good numbers still. both out of Winnie.

Comment

Been with Fin & Fowl 3 times this year, near Anahuac... We've killed birds. Heading out with them on the 20th and hoping this front keeps 'em moving.

Comment

I always see alot of pics on instagram from Run N Gun.

Comment

Run N Gun

Comment

I would love to do Run and Gun, but I don't want to do lodging and think that is the only way they sell their hunts now.

Comment

Originally posted by msemmler View Post
                    I would love to do Run and Gun, but I don't want to do lodging and think that is the only way they sell their hunts now.
                    They offer drive-in hunts but you just need to call them to book.

Comment

Duck numbers are low here on Lake Fork as well.

Comment

I think duck numbers are about to improve for most of Texas if the Arctic cold in the old man winter thread materialize (which I think they will just before your time frame). Middle of the country saw significant freeze and snow which should have locked up a bunch of open wanted and should send ducks south looking for refuge. This next push of cold air should send frozen water well ok and north Texas

Comment

Originally posted by macguyverberry View Post
                          They offer drive-in hunts but you just need to call them to book.
                          Thanks Macguyver, ill check it out.

Comment

I was at the Pipkin Ranch a couple weeks ago. Place is loaded with birds.

Comment

Originally posted by WIGSPLITTR View Post
                              I was at the Pipkin Ranch a couple weeks ago. Place is loaded with birds.
                              Limited out here Thursday morning in 45 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X