Unclear Rules Almost Got Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unclear Rules Almost Got Me

I've read the regulations a dozen times for McLennan County.
    I've read the rules from the Army Corp of Engineers for all their lakes.
    I was absolutely certain that the special late season applied to Lake Waco public land.

Apparently I was wrong, and was told today by the Army Corp that their permit hunts go through the 20th of January. Thank God I called the game warden to ask advice on units, and was advised to double check seasons with the CoE.

My last chances at a deer are now toast, but you get free lessons from it! Call the authorities to double check, even when you think you understand the rules!

Ain't that the truth..... The rules and regulations are not clear as those that write them suppose....... I wanted to clarify whether or not does were legal to harvest during the muzzleloader hunt...... I called the local office and the representative gave me wrong information and passed me along to the WO to answer my question.....lol... The laws should be written in such a manner that they can be easily interpreted by all who read them.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Each Army Corp of Engineers project (lake) has a different set of rules/requirments. Always check with the project office if you have any questions.

Glad you got it clarified before venturing out.

Comment

Hmmm!
        Unless I miss something here January 20th permit hunt should be still good on COE lands as you stated. You still be good til then? As January is yet to come (assuming you in Texas), or are you talking about extended season

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
          Hmmm!
          Unless I miss something here January 20th permit hunt should be still good on COE lands as you stated. You still be good til then? As January is yet to come (assuming you in Texas), or are you talking about extended season

I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
            Hmmm!

Apparently my post was as poorly written as the COE regulations .

I understood the rules for lake Waco to mean that the permit hunts only lasted through the end of regular season, i.e. January 6th. Leaving it open to the non permitted public (me) to hunt with a bow until the end of the special extended season on January 20th. That two weeks was my best shot at a deer because I know some of the Waco lands from previous bow seasons. But apparently it's permit only.

Comment

Glad you got it figure out. It happens.
              Rules are only perfectly clear to the people who write them at the time they are written.

We spend hours and hours at work writing documents so that a monkey could follow them, as soon as it gets released someone comes along and proves us wrong. It's pretty simple, everyone thinks differently.
              Usually in these types of situations it's erfectly clear as soon as you figure it all out. Haha

Comment

Working...
              X