Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My target buck has been on camera every dang day but went MIA on Monday. Its like he knows the season was about to open. Oh well. Hopefully he shows back up.

Comment

Looks like this one hasn't missed any meals!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fatty.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	24632745

Name:	fatty 2.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	24632746

Comment

Good luck everyone. Aim small, miss small.

Comment

So i go out Saturday morning, perched in quad-pod a full 1.5 hours before sunrise, 1 hour before shooting light. About 10 minutes later i hear tromping through the woods, then snap, crackle, pop of corn being eaten in the darkness below. As time marches on, more and more snap, crackle, pop. I begin to see shadows moving in the dark. At one time, maybe a dozen shadows moving around. A couple of the shadows are noticeably larger than the others. Time is slowing down by the minute, and the sun seems to go back down. Finally it begins to get light enough to see. Yes, just as the deer disappear up the hill. Headed to the feed pen above. I checked the camera card in that feeder pen later in the day. You guessed it. Good times. Maybe next time.

Notice the bucks scrapping in the background in the top pic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Slow slow slow on the deer movement. I got skunked everytime out, which is a record for us. I got blown at which is very rare. To make it worse, I was down wind of them when they blew at me. I think it was one of those mornings where it was to still. None the less it was fun being out in the brush. Got some chores done that we've put off till cooler weather and the last minute of course. The wheat is up 4-6 inches and looks good. No army worms yet knock on wood.

Comment

I’ll go first

Saturday morning everything came together. I’ve been watching this buck for 4 seasons. Last year he was a main frame 9 and on our no shoot list. 7:50am, 15yd shot, 50-60 yard trail job. When I was walking up to him, my heart jumped when I saw movement. I could see his belly and sitting there between his legs was a bobcat licking blood off of him. I yelled in surprise and the cat hauled butt.

Name:	5850ACDA-5D18-48C8-B085-A808762D11DB.jpg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	24633008

Name:	68067C62-A3FC-448C-AABB-812AEB9BEA86.jpg
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	24633009

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
                Saturday morning everything came together. I’ve been watching this buck for 4 seasons. Last year he was a main frame 9 and on our no shoot list. 7:50am, 15yd shot, 50-60 yard trail job. When I was walking up to him, my heart jumped when I saw movement. I could see his belly and sitting there between his legs was a bobcat licking blood off of him. I yelled in surprise and the cat hauled butt.
                [ATTACH]1022109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1022110[/ATTACH]

Wow what a buck. Congrats! He’s really nice

What county?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]1022109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1022110[/ATTACH]
                  Big congrats to you on having it all come together for you on a beautiful buck.[emoji106]

Comment

Beautiful deer, looks like a double white throat.

Comment

Very nice buck congratulations

Comment

Great buck, love the kickers!

Comment

Great deer. Congrats!

Comment

Pretty slow in Young County. I blame it on the moon. Killed several pigs though!

Comment

Thanks everybody, my personal best.
                              Baylor county,
                              I like the tuxedo throat patches too.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                                Pretty slow in Young County. I blame it on the moon. Killed several pigs though!
                                Yea a little movement for us but not great. Heard alot of Coyotes and many pigs were seen. What part of young you in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X