Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to do this.... Tagged.

Comment

Cut 1.5 rounds out of the stock spring. Definitely lighter trigger pull. Going to see how she does once we get back to the range. There’s no creep at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure to slam test/check the safety with the lighter trigger. I hate the plastic parts on the savage too much to try and upgrade it. In my opinion, it's at its best as a cheap rifle that shoots well.

Comment

Tagged for later.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            Make sure to slam test/check the safety with the lighter trigger. I hate the plastic parts on the savage too much to try and upgrade it. In my opinion, it's at its best as a cheap rifle that shoots well.

My 22-250 is **** sure a shooter with nothing more than a few cuts off the spring, a polish and two washers. Cheap easy upgrade and no slam test issues. The $10 replacement spring is probably the easier route. Either is well worth it for these guns. I don’t hate the stock either for its intended use but I’ve never been a pretty rifle lover. Give me black, ugly, practical and easy to maintain all day long. Same with my semi-auto shotguns. Only wood I own is on my O/Us and I wish Browning would have made a black synthetic O/U with a matte black finish in their 725 versus these pretty things I have to be careful with.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              My 22-250 is **** sure a shooter with nothing more than a few cuts off the spring, a polish and two washers. Cheap easy upgrade and no slam test issues. The $10 replacement spring is probably the easier route. Either is well worth it for these guns. I don’t hate the stock either for its intended use but I’ve never been a pretty rifle lover. Give me black, ugly, practical and easy to maintain all day long. Same with my semi-auto shotguns. Only wood I own is on my O/Us and I wish Browning would have made a black synthetic O/U with a matte black finish in their 725 versus these pretty things I have to be careful with.

My thoughts exactly Smart. I’m not about shiny. If it gets a scratch on the plastic, not gonna loose any sleep.
              $175 for the Walmart clearance Axis, $90 for the Nikon P-5 Academy clearance scope, do it yourself trigger job and she will be tested out to 500 yards soon. With over the counter ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well my son brunner and I got drawn for a New Mexico mule deer tag in November. I am planning to take this gun, but first, I ordered the Timney trigger upgrade last night from Midway. Can't wait to see and feel the difference.

Comment

Working...
                X