No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look for it to be better for a shorter period of time. This will flush em out sooner than a drawn out fall. It was looking real good prior to this, I hope it stays good.

Comment

Thank you Charlie, it was special!!! .... and yes Shane I had to laugh at myself after watching it!!

Comment

I'm supposed to be fishing a tournament in POC later this week and we're still a go. My only real question is should I chase the reds at the sand dunes or in Victoria. Gonna be so many options

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          I'm supposed to be fishing a tournament in POC later this week and we're still a go. My only real question is should I chase the reds at the sand dunes or in Victoria. Gonna be so many options

Maybe near the Speedy Stop! [emoji23][emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Current pic from the deck of our place on Matagorda Island near POC.

Evening pic for reference of normal tide level.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

Awesome pics!! Sure be fun to ride one out like this one if you knew it wasn't going to get too bad. Hope y'all fare well with no real damage.

Comment

Little bit of extra water out there huh. I'm worried about my generator, never got around to elevating the generator shack.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

Wow, the tide is up for sure.

Comment

We came back from seadrift yesterday. Caught a lot of fish off the dock and my son had a blast. Yesterday morning walking to the dock we had to wade through the water in the parking lot to get there. Hope it doesn't come up much higher or we will probably get some water in the fish camp.

Comment

https://youtu.be/llRFEc4g-lc

Great video of my nephew and I as we drift a flat in West Matty and come across a giant school of reds. Video starts off a little slow but we end up hammering them. I'm doubled up at 1 point holding 2 different rods. Good times, excuse some language.

Great video, I always love it when they go off like that. Sure is fun.

Comment

Thank you Charlie, it was special!!! .... and yes Shane I had to laugh at myself after watching it!!
                        We did that at he Chandeleur's once... School was just offshore and over a mile long!! Wade out chest deep, cast, then work back to shore... Was that way for over an hour!! The clear water turned a copper color like a penny. It was the dangdest thing I ever saw before or sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
                          Whats this going to do to our awesome shrimp hatch we had going in the grass of the shorelines? It was shaping up to be an awesome fall!
                          I think this will make them come out all at once once it falls. It will be probably be wide open for a bit then gone.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            I think this will make them come out all at once once it falls. It will be probably be wide open for a bit then gone.
                            Not enough rain to make them dump yet, Lake Austin and Boggy are full of shrimp
                            Water is also still hot

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                              Not enough rain to make them dump yet, Lake Austin and Boggy are full of shrimp
                              Water is also still hot

That’s good to know. Not sure how much rain we’ll get. I figured it would be enough for a big flush.

Comment

I hope your right Leemo, your back there enough. it should be good when this is gone. The prairie east of Sargent is flooded bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X