What bow case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    I will check it out. Ive got a plano rifle case thats very well built, but it doesnt do much for keeping the elements out.

Thats a pretty good looking case. Is it hard sided or soft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hard sided with pillars that go from top to bottom to stabilize it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I actually found one of their cases I was pretty interested in, but couldnt find many good pics of the inside.

RUGID soft-sided parallel limb compound bow case provides waterproof, floating, dustproof protection. Fits Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Bowtech, Bear, Prime and others.

Yeah they sure don’t show to much detail on their website. Here’s how mine looks.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterRoss View Post

Yeah they sure don’t show to much detail on their website. Here’s how mine looks.

Got any pictures of the compartments? Like where the arrows go and whatever other compartments there may be. Can you store a decent bit in that case?

Comment

Got any pictures of the compartments? Like where the arrows go and whatever other compartments there may be. Can you store a decent bit in that case?

A minimalist bowhunter could pack all one man would need for a hunt in the case. But that’s not how I roll!!
          My arrows are 29 1/2” end of knock to end of field tip for reference. If I were to put arrows in the case I would remove the tips so they don’t damage the case. I store my arrows in hard plastic cases and unfortunately they don’t fit in the front pocket. You can slide arrows in a case between the foam on the lid and the out layer of rubberized fabric. There are 2”x4” mesh pockets on each end of the case that aren’t shown. Where that ASA patch is on my case there are compartmentalized elastic pouches. For a soft case I think it has a lot of options for storage.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterRoss View Post

A minimalist bowhunter could pack all one man would need for a hunt in the case. But that’s not how I roll!!
            My arrows are 29 1/2” end of knock to end of field tip for reference. If I were to put arrows in the case I would remove the tips so they don’t damage the case. I store my arrows in hard plastic cases and unfortunately they don’t fit in the front pocket. You can slide arrows in a case between the foam on the lid and the out layer of rubberized fabric. There are 2”x4” mesh pockets on each end of the case that aren’t shown. Where that ASA patch is on my case there are compartmentalized elastic pouches. For a soft case I think it has a lot of options for storage.

Thats interesting. I thought the long pocket on the front was for an arrow box/case. Unfortunate that one doesnt fit in it...

Comment

I bought a new SKB soft case for my Mathews VXR 31.5. I really like it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Don’t know if it s what you are looking for and I will have to lookup the name, but several years ago at a Texas trophy hunting show, they had a soft case of cordura type but it was rigid arrow the edges. Plenty of storage and it is set up with Velcro straps to fit vertically on the back of a truck seat, just open it up, unstrap bow and go. Love this thing.

Comment

I went with the SKB double bow case but it has the storage underneath. It’s HEAVY AND BULKY. But after have a bow get a string sliced in a soft case it’s all I use now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                    I went with the SKB double bow case but it has the storage underneath. It’s HEAVY AND BULKY. But after have a bow get a string sliced in a soft case it’s all I use now.

Curious how your string got cut?

Comment

After looking at everything suggested and then some, I ended up with the SKB Hunter Series XL. Was really looking at a soft case as I saw a ton of benefit in pockets and cutting down on my backpack plus broadhead case being carried separate, but couldnt see my bow not getting messed up on back of the truck with luggage and coolers back there.

Thanks all for the replies and discussion had.

Comment

Curious how your string got cut?

You know... I question that myself... arrows were in a different case. Nothing sharp within the case I kept it on the top shelf of closet. Went to take it out one time and the case was expanded to the max opened it up and the string was in 2 pieces

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                          You know... I question that myself... arrows were in a different case. Nothing sharp within the case I kept it on the top shelf of closet. Went to take it out one time and the case was expanded to the max opened it up and the string was in 2 pieces

Thats interesting. May have got nicked before being put up and just finally failed huh?

Comment

Thats interesting. May have got nicked before being put up and just finally failed huh?

That would be my guess as well. Just don’t know if it happened getting hauled around or while I was shooting it.

Why I went with a hard case.

Comment

I use a fishing bow case I bought at Academy. Not only is it about half the price but it has lots of pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                                I use a fishing bow case I bought at Academy. Not only is it about half the price but it has lots of pockets.

Didnt even realize there was such a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X