No announcement yet.

September Tropical Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The update shows it hitting as a hurricane entering around matagorda bay, stalling then heading up the coast line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the rio grande valley dodged it except for the coast line, I have to be in la porte Monday- thursday

Comment

Galveston, TX – September 19, 2020 – City of Galveston
        Mayor Pro Tem Craig Brown has issued a voluntary evacuation of the West
        End (west of the Seawall) and low-lying areas of the island in response
        to the high tides and rainfall expected from Tropical Storm Beta. The
        voluntary evacuation will go into effect beginning 10 a.m. Saturday,
        September 19, 2020.

Comment

Fun fun on the coast

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
          Looks like the rio grande valley dodged it except for the coast line, I have to be in la porte Monday- thursday
          “ coastal areas potentially seeing 6 to 12 inches between later Sunday and Thursday. That much rain over four days is manageable, so our concerns are very high rainfall rates—which tropical storms produce—and higher than anticipated totals. We can’t rule out some 20-inch bullseyes, but so far there’s not much support for this in our best models. I think the bottom line is that we need to prepare for heavy rainfall through Wednesday or so of next week, and the possibility of flash flooding. But it may not come to that.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
            The update shows it hitting as a hurricane entering around matagorda bay, stalling then heading up the coast line.

So excited I can’t wait.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              “ coastal areas potentially seeing 6 to 12 inches between later Sunday and Thursday. That much rain over four days is manageable, so our concerns are very high rainfall rates—which tropical storms produce—and higher than anticipated totals. We can’t rule out some 20-inch bullseyes, but so far there’s not much support for this in our best models. I think the bottom line is that we need to prepare for heavy rainfall through Wednesday or so of next week, and the possibility of flash flooding. But it may not come to that.”
              Coast line will get plenty of water where I live in Edinburg we will barely get rain I feel for the people along the coast

Comment

In for updates, this one is going to be interesting at least.....

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  I think a lot of areas can handle that. 12" over 4 or 5 days has happened without a hurricane.

The staying on the coast,in warm water and beating up coastal towns is the worry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Were currently servicing the Shell Perdido platform in the direct path of the storm. Already having 25 knot winds with 5-7 foot seas and slowly increasing as it gets closer. Nothing to crazy yet but were hoping to get out of here tonight. Fingers crossed!

Stay safe out there. We were in the same boat three weeks ago with Laura. We crew changed a couple days early and able to make it off. Our reliefs were not to happy.

Comment

Intensity forecast looks to have dropped. Good news for us on the coast.

Comment

If it goes into Matagorda, would this be the first since Hurricane Carla in 1961? In 43 years I’ve never witnessed a hurricane, just a few dink tropical storms.
                        Last edited by RMW; 09-19-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                          If it goes into Matagorda, would this be the first since Hurricane Carla in 1961? In 43 years I’ve never witnessed a hurricane, just a few dink tropical storms.

Comment

Hope it just gives us a little rain. No wind or flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              No
                              Claudette in 03’

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X