• Show
Clear All

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck!! I am already wanting to go again.

Comment

Bait is hung, now we wait[emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boom 8’6” female

Comment

Very Nice Gator !!!!
                Congrats

Comment

Awwwww yea!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

Boom 8’6” female

That's a big ol smart gator. Congrats. A female That size has seen it all.

Comment

Congratulations to all hunters

Comment

Nice gator looks like you have a happy young man there

Comment

That’s a good one, congratulations!!

Comment

Lizard Hunt

Thanks guys! It was definitely a rollercoaster of emotions this morning. When we showed up to check our line the weather was starting to turn bad so we figured it was all or nothing. Much to our dismay when we got to the bait sight we found our pole had fallen down with all the wind over night and nothing had touched it. We were pretty bummed but spooled up our line and were about to head back when a gator in the distance caught our eyes. It was a big one, not 100 yds from where we had hung our bait too. But again it was starting to pour and knew the biologists were probably going to call it, so we headed back to the boat ramp. When we arrived we told the biologists what we had seen and his response was to hurry back out and hang the line as we had until noon! So we hauled butt and got her hung but didn’t see the big boy again while we were out there. By this time it was really coming down so we headed back drenched and sat in the truck for an hour waiting for it to clear up.

I told my son we would check it every hour or so until about 11:30 and then we’d just have to point the truck north and head home.

So at 9:30 we made our first run out to check. As we idled up we could see a pretty good gator hanging out 40 yds downwind of the bait so we killed the motor and beached the boat. I snagged my binoculars out of my dry box and we began to watch in agony for the next hour and a half[emoji3061]. The gator would ease up to the bait and bump it with her nose and then back off and just sit 10 feet from it. So many times we just knew she was about to grab it and go, but nothing. Finally at 11 she took the bait!! We waited for 20 minutes to make sure she got it all the way down and the rest is history[emoji6]

Comment

We were there this weekend and my son Wyatt got a 10’8” gator! We watched him steal our bait late yesterday afternoon and baited it again right before we had to leave at 5:30. Got there this morning and it was line down. If someone can help I can share a couple of pics.

Comment

That's awesome, love seeing the kids get one. Moose, that is a great story, way to show some perseverance!

Comment

Working...
                                X