No announcement yet.

All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go.... Tule Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are going hunting in California??? Holy smoke (in intended!)

p.s. I really like the presentation of your ram in the alcove!

Comment

Yes!!!! So glad to see a Docmay adventure!! Good luck, thanks for taking us along, can't wait to follow this hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        You are going hunting in California??? Holy smoke (in intended!)

p.s. I really like the presentation of your ram in the alcove!
        Might kill an elk and have it cooked before it’s cleaned and quartered! I know there will be smoke and some fires in the area. I have talked to the outfitter and he assured me the ranch is fine. Hunting 17,000 acres.

I thought about buying a MAGA hat or wearing a Trump t-shirt but really want to hunt and was afraid I might get killed at the airport. Kind of curious to truly see what is going on out on the west coast.

Really hoping to find some fishing time. But, as always, gotta Hunt first.

Comment

Good luck Doc

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck and safe travels!!!

Comment

I need this Tule to finish off my elk collection. Hopefully next year I finish off the moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW... very jealous...

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

And this is how we travel. Feel like I have panties on my face but at least I am off work and headed to hunt!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Given your line of work, I was going to make a joke about panties on your face versus panties in your face, but a well-meaning friend and self-appointed arbiter of my moral conscience told me I needed to do a better job maintaining my filters in a public forum such as this, and he's usually right.

In what part of the state will you be hunting? California is not a state I think about when I think of hunting outside of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      Given your line of work, I was going to make a joke about panties on your face versus panties in your face, but a well-meaning friend and self-appointed arbiter of my moral conscience told me I needed to do a better job maintaining my filters in a public forum such as this, and he's usually right.

In what part of the state will you be hunting? California is not a state I think about when I think of hunting outside of Texas.
                      I’m flying in to Sacramento then drive about three hours north. Hunting by a town called laytonville. California has fabulous hunting and lots of species to chase. Tags aren’t easy to get and dealing with the government sucks. California is the only place you can kill all three elk species.

Comment

In typical fashion I **** near missed my second flight! Was sitting at the gate and it kept saying boarding for Las Vegas. I never saw Sacramento listed and didn’t know I had a stop. I was second to last one to board the plane!

Comment

Are the differences between a Tule Elk and a Rocky easy to tell?

Comment

Good luck Doc safe travels

Comment

Just landed in Sacramento. Need to gather up my bags and find my rental car. Have a 3 drive north after that.

Comment

good luck!

You are my spirit animal btw.......hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X