Clear All

Really cool, Congrats

Comment

Congrats, nice lizard. Choot'em

Comment

Heck yeah

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Years ago across from the fish r hunt store there used to be a boat ramp. A big gator lives there and we would feed him bread in the evenings. I named him Charlie. We did it for years. Someone got tired of him at some point. He disappeared one year. I bet he was 11-12’ long. A old Frenchman named mr oink lived in a house boat at the beginning of the road , my paw paw would go to his house every other day to pay bills for him. He couldn’t read English and didn’t speak a whole lot of it , my paw paw had to explain what was what in French to him. We fished and hunted all over that marsh .
          Congrats on the gators !!

Comment

Congrats!!!! We go to orientation tomorrow then set our lines. How high off the water did yall setup?

Comment

We were 18-24” up. Make sure your bait is good and stinky, and maybe chum the area with juice and small pieces. We put our chum in some plastic peanut cans with screw top lids. Made for easy use.

Comment

Hunt already over?

I thought y'all just set lines yesterday?

Congrats on the gators

Comment

24 hr hunt, noon to noon is all you have. They turned us loose yesterday about 11:45, and we were pretty much done by 9:00 this morning. We ran back out to check my dads line, it no takers. We lowered it to about 6”, and chummed the area again, trying to entice one to take it. Quick hunt, but definitely worth the effort, and something different than we’re used to.
                  Good luck to all you guys and gals the rest of the hunts. Feel free to post any kills here, or start a new thread for your trip.

Comment

I’m sitting here at three rivers inn and can’t wait to get out there tomorrow! My son loved the photos y’all posted. All he kept saying was dad get a chomp chomp!
                    I met Troy today- stand up guy! I’ll be using his boat tomorrow and I’ll post up some pics. I plan to get to the WMA early to see what comes in.

Comment

Yall done good! Congrats on them swamp lizards.

Comment

Leaving Temple at 5 am tomorrow for JDM. 2 adults and 2 eleven year old boys. Should be a blast. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Comment

Richard it was nice meeting you today. Good Luck to you and Red-fin tomorrow.

Comment

I guess I need to pay more attention to the hunt dates

I didn't realize the gator hunts were so short

I would say 2 out of 3 in 24 hrs and no real experience with the place was pretty good though

Comment

Hope y'all catch some big old tree shakers, there are plenty out there! T roy is a good dude, it was nice to meet you. Also good to meet Jeff and David, always enjoy meeting other TBHers at these hunts, and getting to know them.

Comment

Man, my lizard size guestimation gauge is out of calibration. I would have guessed that big gator to be between 8' and 9'. Not bad, I guess if you had a big enough living room or game room, I would have that whole gator mounted.

Comment

Working...
                                X