No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a redfish guy too. But I'm an equal opportunity fisherman, I want to catch em all.

Comment

I'd rather catch Sheepshead than Redfish, better eating! Hall can have them Reds lol. I mainly just like cleaning trout because they're so easy and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        I'd rather catch Sheepshead than Redfish, better eating! Hall can have them Reds lol. I mainly just like cleaning trout because they're so easy and fast.
        I bought me one of those filletzalls. I can clean some reds now. I did catch a sheephead one time on a Down South Lure but I threw it back.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          I’m right there with you man. I like me some sheepshead! Fun to catch too.

Comment

Sight casted one last time I was down, dude slammed that Vudu. Threw that spiney convict back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              To all my redfish fans... ignore this guy

[emoji2323]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I have a buddy at work that hires a guide out of Port Aransas several times a year. They usually just catch reds and black drum. We give him a hard time about paying a guide to go catch carp!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Why would you chase mud donkeys in Matty when there’s trout to catch?
                    Cause I never caught a trout in 10" of water that pulled me and my kayak in circles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I catch trout to eat but there isn't anything as cool to me as catching a red you can see in a marsh without another person within miles of me. It can be a little addicting. I've hauled more than my share of trout over the gunnels through the years but I'm a redfish guy.

Comment

Redfish guy here. I would choose to catch 3 reds a day then 20 trout. Drag burners

Comment

I like trout fishing better than reds, but won't turn my nose up to a good redfish fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            I like trout fishing better than reds, but won't turn my nose up to a good redfish fight.
                            I’m the same way. I don’t go looking for them but we catch plenty. I usually tighten that drag down and horse them the best I can. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Cause I never caught a trout in 10" of water that pulled me and my kayak in circles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              This. I like to hunt, sight casting to reds in shin deep water is hunting, especially with a flyrod. .

Casting to a big fat sow trout in shin deep water is hunting too but I haven't had much success doing that 12 months a year like I have reds.

Comment

Not much but having fun!!

Comment

Working...
                                X