2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
    You gonna waste a Nov trip on bull reds and sharks?
    Pour it on me!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw a little set of pics and videos from down there on facebook. The guy who posted it said there was a whole lot of damage to the floaters and camps down there. His video and pics also showed there were a lot of them that were ok too.
      Just talked to my buddy - their cabin is still there but got knocked off its pilings and will have to be rebuilt. He said most of the floaters in that immediate area were sunk - lots of debris in the water. Must have been some really high winds through there - this is on the north end of the Land Cut.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        Sounds great!

What about the bay system for reds, trout, etc? Will water still be at good temperature?

That should start time for sheepshead, yea?

We catch fish in the bay 12 months out of the year. The fishing changes with the seasons but there are plenty of fish to be caught all year long. November is probably the very best month of the whole year for bay fishing.

Sheepshead? I didn't know there was a specific time to fish for Sheepshead. I generally try to not catch them. But yeah, we do catch alot of big ones in the cold months now that I think about it. I'd say I catch more big sheepshead in like Feb-April and I really try not to catch them.

Comment

You gonna waste a Nov trip on bull reds and sharks?
          Kinda what I was thinking but didn't want to sound rude

Comment

We catch fish in the bay 12 months out of the year. The fishing changes with the seasons but there are plenty of fish to be caught all year long. November is probably the very best month of the whole year for bay fishing.

Sheepshead? I didn't know there was a specific time to fish for Sheepshead. I generally try to not catch them. But yeah, we do catch alot of big ones in the cold months now that I think about it. I'd say I catch more big sheepshead in like Feb-April and I really try not to catch them.
            I appreciate any and all info!
            Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Kinda what I was thinking but didn't want to sound rude
            Ha!! I've got thicker skin than most.. im just a north texas saltwater novice trying to get learnt by some of you old folks.. [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Going to Port A this weekend. In for any updates on the damage/beaches if anyone is down there now or has heard from someone. Hoping August 1st the ban on driving on the beach gets lifted.

Comment

Troy Keen in Matagorda is another. (979)429-3300

Also Dustin O'Connell in Matagorda. (361)781-6798

2 hour drive or a little less.

Dustin O’Connell is awesome. The number I have for him though is (361)781-2023. Headshot Charters is his guide service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  Dustin O’Connell is awesome. The number I have for him though is (361)781-2023. Headshot Charters is his guide service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  You are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ba1005 View Post
                    Going to Port A this weekend. In for any updates on the damage/beaches if anyone is down there now or has heard from someone. Hoping August 1st the ban on driving on the beach gets lifted.
                    Beaches arent bad alot of grass and shells but other than a few signs and high water we havent seen any damage.

Comment

If I was gonna chase a red fish in matty, in November, it would be in water you cant get a boat to and the mud is too deep to wade

Comment

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        If I was gonna chase a red fish in matty, in November, it would be in water you cant get a boat to and the mud is too deep to wade

Why would you chase mud donkeys in Matty when there’s trout to catch?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Agree! As Glen said, November is the best month in East.

Tully1029- Get your kayaks and put in on the very West end and fish all the coves on that end of the bay and you should do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                            Sounds great!

What about the bay system for reds, trout, etc? Will water still be at good temperature?

That should start time for sheepshead, yea?

Sheepshead can be fun to sight cast to on the jetties, but this one decided to eat my frog before a red could on tourney day....I wanted to just throw him in the bank.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                              Sheepshead can be fun to sight cast to on the jetties, but this one decided to eat my frog before a red could on tourney day....I wanted to just throw him in the bank.
                              I've never caught one and they are just plain crazy cool looking. I wouldn't mind a couple, just to say I have.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post

To all my redfish fans... ignore this guy

Comment

Working...
                                X