No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know what happened but the Garmin issue seems to be a stretch. Pure speculation but I’m guessing alcohol is a bigger factor than the GPS being wrong. I really hope for everyone’s sake I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I don’t know what happened but the Garmin issue seems to be a stretch. Pure speculation but I’m guessing alcohol is a bigger factor than the GPS being wrong. I really hope for everyone’s sake I’m wrong.

Don’t worry! You are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

That’s good, but the GPS being that far off seem virtually impossible.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

So not alcohol. Possibly gps which I find unlikely that we will ever know that. I mean if the US govt cant shut down a Russian hacker and Garmin wont pay. How is the insurance, tpwd or Calhoun county etc gonna find out if they unit was haywire?

It seems to me anything other than that shouldn't be a big secret....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              So not alcohol. Possibly gps which I find unlikely that we will ever know that. I mean if the US govt cant shut down a Russian hacker and Garmin wont pay. How is the insurance, tpwd or Calhoun county etc gonna find out if they unit was haywire?

It seems to me anything other than that shouldn't be a big secret....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              That’s good, but the GPS being that far off seem virtually impossible.

I apologize for saying anything. It is not my place and I am done on anything related to the accident. Nothing secret just not my place.

Comment

Back to fishing.

We fished the Quintana Jetties on Sunday for a few hours. Tossed the big rods with live piggy perch and no takers. Had one good hit but missed the hook.

Comment

The Garmin hack was to their fitness app.

Comment

Great day on the water today all by ourselves. Tide is super high right now and made things a little interesting. Caught around 30 trout throwing lures, best choice being down south pearl chartreuse. Caught a 26.5” on croaker and tried to release her but she wouldn’t go
                    Attached Files

Comment

Way to hang in there Josh!!

Comment

Woooo. Part two! Alright alright.

Exciting because while my wife and kids are in SPI for the week we started football meetings this week. UIL changes shifted us up a week this year and vacation was already booked.

But hey! We are going to play football!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                          Anybody know how bad the bay is still tore up around Aransas pass to corpus. Supposed to go on a guided trip on Wednesday. Trying to find out if I should just lose my 200 buck deposit or go and try
                          Came over the causeway esrlier and the water looked decent. It was a couple feet high but the color was decent. Will be fishing the rest of the week so will see how it goes.

Comment

My guide just called me back and said he got all his trout in a couple hours this morning so that made me feel a lot better about going

Comment

Howdy - checking in with this group. I’m back in the game with a new CC / heading down to Aransas Pass on Sunday to make the maiden salt water voyage and see if we can’t wade up on some reds for a few days - I really need the R&R!

G.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                                Howdy - checking in with this group. I’m back in the game with a new CC / heading down to Aransas Pass on Sunday to make the maiden salt water voyage and see if we can’t wade up on some reds for a few days - I really need the R&R!

G.
                                Good Luck & Be Safe!

Comment

Working...
                                X