Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
    Close up! Wished it would have gotten the whole rack, but oh well...
    You did- two pictures above this one with the bucks head parallel to the ground

Comment

I have a new place in SW archer co Just put out 2 feeders have a cellular on one. So far nothing but young bucks and a few does. Haven't checked 2nd one yet probably go out mid aug. Think I'll wait for sept cold front to put up stands.

Comment

buck wild, I guess I should have said “I wish I would have gotten the whole rack in this pic” I knew I have several pics of that same buck, but sure wished I would have had the entire rack in that closeup pic. I confuse my own self sometimes, so I can see how it prob sounded. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          Forgot one of the plots. Weve killed a coupla good deer at this spot over the years. It's the most remote and about 1.5 miles from our fields. West of this blind there is open range for 40 miles.
          Man i love the Big Sky Country out in the Big Middle of North Texas. Great looking spot.

Give us some details on that red tractor. Looks like it's had a couple of laps around the pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            Man i love the Big Sky Country out in the Big Middle of North Texas. Great looking spot.

Give us some details on that red tractor. Looks like it's had a couple of laps around the pasture.
            Thats one our guys pride and joy. That thing is a hemorrhoid checker for sure!
            Ill get info on the details. Thats Semba riding shotgun. The real boss!

Comment

Thought this might be of interest.

Young County - 640 acres - 3 timed protein feeders open daylight to dark. Hold 3,750 pounds total. This is how much I've put in them so you can see how it varies.

Jan 10 - 3,750 pounds
              Feb 1 - 1,000 pounds
              March 8 - 2,600 pounds
              April 18 - 2,800 pounds
              May 23 - 1,700 pounds
              June 23 - 3,000 pounds
              July 24 - 3,500 pounds

Conclusion - deer are hammering it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Young County - 640 acres - 3 timed protein feeders open daylight to dark. Hold 3,750 pounds total. This is how much I've put in them so you can see how it varies.

Jan 10 - 3,750 pounds
                Feb 1 - 1,000 pounds
                March 8 - 2,600 pounds
                April 18 - 2,800 pounds
                May 23 - 1,700 pounds
                June 23 - 3,000 pounds
                July 24 - 3,500 pounds

Seeing numbers like that in print makes my wallet hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                  Seeing numbers like that in print makes my wallet hurt.

If I don’t add up the cost it’s like it didn’t happen right?!? Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Jan 10 - 3,750 pounds
                    Feb 1 - 1,000 pounds
                    March 8 - 2,600 pounds
                    April 18 - 2,800 pounds
                    May 23 - 1,700 pounds
                    June 23 - 3,000 pounds
                    July 24 - 3,500 pounds

Exactly why we stopped on 2500 acers. We couldn't keep up or we didn't want to keep up lol.
                    Great news for you guys! I hope yall see some really good ones this year.

Comment

Exactly why we stopped on 2500 acers. We couldn't keep up or we didn't want to keep up lol.
                      Great news for you guys! I hope yall see some really good ones this year.
                      We were spending 8000.00 a year on protein, 450 acres ! we pretty much quit feeding free choice, I do have a couple of protein feeders going but they are timed.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                        We were spending 8000.00 a year on protein, 450 acres ! we pretty much quit feeding free choice, I do have a couple of protein feeders going but they are timed.

The best part about the timed feeders is that you don’t have to scroll through hundreds of pics of coons eating that expensive protein every night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok Boyz!

Since this is our area thread and were all kinda close to each other. I thought I would throw these at all of yall first.

FREE!!!! ...DIY blind frames. Most are 4x6 and are made of 1 inch square tubing.

They are located 25 miles west of Wichita Falls.

If you are interested pm me with your cell number.

You will need a trailer and muscle.

Also included are scorpions, wasp, spiders and a few snakes.

Picture 1 Tinker tow blinds made of old road construction signs and bolt together legs and bases. (2)
                          Pictures 2 and 3 have metal siding and will except 4x4 post for legs.(3)

Picture #4 are 3 foot off the ground and heavy. They have a slped roof. (2)

Picture #5 Dont know how to explain it. Picture tells the story.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Man - that looks like too much work for these old bones.

We went out this weekend and pulled camera cards. Highlights below. Looks like it could be a banner year. We'll see...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wow Mike thats impressive!

Those blinds are for some younger whipper snappers to take on. Everytime I drive by one I shake my head and growl like Lerch on the Adams Family.

Comment

Wow Mike thats impressive!

Those blinds are for some younger whipper snappers to take on. Everytime I drive by one I shake my head and growl like Lerch on the Adams Family.
                                LMAO. I can hear it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X