Bridge/Washout ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge/Washout ideas ?

So I have recently purchased a property that has a bad washout/gully that separates the front from the back.
    I’m sure some of y’all have encountered this problem and SOLVED it !
    Here is what I got.
    20’ wide 20’ deep, no way to do a low crossing due to elevations.
    Land is eroding due to sandy loam. It’s deep and steep.
    I have no problem designing and building the bridge I am welder by trade.
    Mainly needing help on the retaining wall designs to stop the erosion from undermining my bridge and eventually being a 40’ wide opening.
    Would love to see pics of what y’all have done.
    Not Rich or Retired so time and money are always important.
    Thanks in advance,
    Your friend “D”

18 wheeler flatbed?

Comment

You need headwalls. Since you are a welder you can probably find “tank steel” if there are any oilfield type scrap yards close to you. Drive piling out of 5”/6” pipe, tie them together at the top and also sink a couple back in the approach so that the weight of the dirt won’t force them outward. Do this on each approach. You can drive the pipe piling with an excavator bucket. You’re almost gonna have to have one anyway to hang the steel. Weld your bridge to the pilings and you’re in business.

Comment

Tagged for later.

Comment

40 ft shipping container. I think there was a thread about using one on here.

Comment

Rail box car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought a 45’ flatbed trailer and used it for my creek crossing. The bogies & jacks were cut off and 10’ six inch pipe were welded on. Holes were dug and it was set in place then concreted.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice. What did you end up having in it?

Comment

I have been toying with the idea of flatbed trailer, but I can prob weld a new I beam structure across just as easy.
                  Really wanting pics and ideas for the retaining walls more than the actual bridge.
                  I am trying to figure best way to retain a deep sandy creek bed.
                  Thanks again for all your time!
                  Your friend “D”

Comment

Start stacking cement bags. I built my bulk head out of cement bags. They use them on the Guadalupe as retaining walls as well. I walk has over 30k lbs of bags :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                      Nice. What did you end up having in it?
                      ~$3k.

Comment

Had a small one built off site and a larger one built in place.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                          40 ft shipping container. I think there was a thread about using one on here.
                          Not if its a lot of water. There was a fella down the road that attempted to use 2. Sure they lasted a few years then they caved in from all the water. HUGE mess to remove them. I think theyre just too thin.

Comment

Tag for Later

Tag

Comment

Working...
                            X