Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Where about's?

You can not tell there is any epidemic judging by the Waco area residents, besides no schools open. Traffic coming into work, "Same". Traffic going home, "Same". Rivers and Lakes, more congested. ha ha

Hope all is well and God bless.

Rwc
    I don't know where your at in Waco, but I'm seeing a significant decrease. Getting to and from work has been a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Why are these people not getting ticketed and or arrested!!??
      Can't prove they aren't going to the grocery store. I think that's all a government boogie man.

Comment

Crank up some tunes or talk radio. I manned a office in a park central tower for 6 months by myself. It's doable, but man the conversations you start having with yourself can be interesting. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
          I don't know where your at in Waco, but I'm seeing a significant decrease. Getting to and from work has been a breeze.
          Get on Highway 6 around 6:20 a.m. coming from the west and drive to Bagby........no decrease in traffic there. Go get on Valley Mills Drive after 3:30 p.m., no decrease there.... So as you can tell, my comments were based on a very small demographic area........

Just my simple observations, no scientific data to prove it. ha

Have a good one.

Rwc
          Last edited by Rwc; 03-26-2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Business as usual around Pasadena, loading up tomorrow and going to the lease. Gonna get some hog hunting in. Need to get away from the house for a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
              Did the President declare Marshal Law?
              need a bigger fish

Comment

At least in Houston, the typical rush hour traffic is almost non-existent. Sure, there are cars on the freeways, but most areas are running around posted speeds even during rush hour. I'm sure a few areas are busier than others, but it's way down.

We live in pretty lively area and I can tell you, it's been dead in the evenings. The local mall is closed as is just about any other type of entertainment type business. Driving around last Saturday evening was almost disturbing. Mall empty, movie theatre empty; even the typical busy restaurants might have had a car or two in the parking lot getting curb-side. That's it. I could have cut a few doughnuts on the I-10 feeder in front of Memorial city mall; there was so little traffic.

With that said, what's not disturbing is the amount of kids I'm seeing outside, riding bikes through the neighborhood. Also, the amount of families out walking in the evening time. Pretty cool and sort of reminds me of growing up in the 80's.

Comment

I felt essential until I saw how many other people are essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                    I work in an "Essential Infrastructure" business, at the office processing some documents. This County/City is presently "Shelter In Place". The entire office complex consisting of seven buildings is silent and vacant with a few vehicles only at a Kidney Dialysis Center. Even it only has six vehicles in front. No life around. Quite outside, with little to no traffic on the streets.

This is almost like the movie "I am Legend". Post-Apocalyptic.
                    Well then, if it was the. Apocalypse, I guess you and I were "over looked"

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

I guess I spoke to quickly in my earlier post... This was in Kyle earlier... it has since filled back up and there are more dog walkers and pedestrian traffic now, than ever.

everyone just slept in a little...

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        Crank up some tunes or talk radio. I manned a office in a park central tower for 6 months by myself. It's doable, but man the conversations you start having with yourself can be interesting. lol
                        Sounds awesome. I MUCH prefer working alone.

Comment

Wait....what?

Comment

Kinda reminds me of when Alcoa in Rockdale shut down. I was fortunate to be working at the Atomizer at the time. We kept running for a while after the smelter shut down. At times we would need to go to get parts. Driving through the pot lines was eerie. It reminded you of the Arbies commercial. “Where’d everyone go”. A place that had a bunch of people working, machinery running now silent.

Comment

Salaried and all of the hourly gone

They told me to keep busy, clean, organize etc until they figured out where I was going and what I would be doing.

Started with my office

Tomorrow I am going through procedure rooms and making sure supplies are rotated, checking dates on equipment to see what is going to need inspected, making sure nothing needs to have work orders put in and whatever else I can think of that will give the employer some benefit to having me around and paying me

Comment

You want the police to arrest people for...driving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X