Chevy Instrument Cluster question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2000 Chevy 2500 needs a new instrument cluster. My repair man said I could buy it online and he would install it or I'd have to leave it for a week with him so he would take it out, send it to California for a rebuild, and then get it back.

What questions or information do I need to know to buy it online from an after market place or ebay?

TIA.

Not sure about sending it off, but I looked into replacing my '04 instrument panel a few years ago with ABC auto. It was ~$265 and all I would have to do was tell them my mileage and trade in my old one.

Comment

I had to pull mine in an 03. I remember it being pretty simple if you don't want to pay for someone to do it. As far as buying it online, any seller should walk you through the options to make sure you get the right one.

Edit. Didn't think about the mileage.

Comment

The rebuild, without labor, would be $375.

Comment

I did mine on my 06 F150. Super simple. Got it on ebay. Just search for your Year Make
          and Model with the package. Just make sure it looks the same. There are places that will flash your mileage onto the new one.

Comment

car-part.com

Look up speedometer.................

Comment

I pulled my out of a 2005 GMC Duramax and sent it to a guy in MN off Ebay and he fixed it for $50.00, Only two of the gauges where bad but he went over all of them and that was 9 years ago and all still are working.

Comment

I use a gentleman is Austin to repair mine.....reasonable and fast if you can remove and send it in. He repaired one for me ca. 10 years ago and still working & sent him a different one the other day and he had it ready in 2 days; this one had a bad resistor & loose connection and he charged me $125. If I remember correctly he quoted full replacement of gauge motors at close to $200 or can only replace the bad gauge motors...call him, easy to work with. He’ll also flash your mileage. YouTube videos can show you how to remove....super simple.

Hope it’s within the rules to post this link....

Overseas Speedometer
                http://www.speedometer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                  I pulled my out of a 2005 GMC Duramax and sent it to a guy in MN off Ebay and he fixed it for $50.00, Only two of the gauges where bad but he went over all of them and that was 9 years ago and all still are working.
                  Same here, but it was some guy in central Texas, I think it was 80.00 something for a couple reo-stats. Seems to be a known issue with Chevy/GMC. Sent it to him and got it back in a couple days.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      My 2000 Chevy 2500 needs a new instrument cluster. My repair man said I could buy it online and he would install it or I'd have to leave it for a week with him so he would take it out, send it to California for a rebuild, and then get it back.

What questions or information do I need to know to buy it online from an after market place or ebay?

TIA.

If it’s any like thing like my 2005 you can replace the steeper motors for about 50 or 60 bucks really easy to do

Comment

I searched online and found a rebuilt kit for $30 for our 2004. I replaced all old the stepper motors and everything worked except for one gauge. I never could get it to work so I finally sent it off to be rebuilt. Cost I think $259 but I do not remember the place I sent it. It was on the east coast but can find it if you need me too. A google search will yield lots of places that rebuilt them. They will have it a week or so.

-john

Comment

My son had a dude come by his office a fix his Tahoe for @140$ It’s not hard and the parts are cheap

Comment

Working...
                          X