2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    All you need is a purple/chartreuse Hogie Super Minnow.
    turn and burn!!!!

Comment

Question: After this next weather system next week, I got to get down to the coast for some R&R. I spend a lot of time on the West in in G-Town but the Palacious area intrigues me. I'm thinking of getting a house rigged up with lights right on the bay. Do the trout come in good to the lights this time of year? I've never fished the lights during the winter time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I catch fish all year under the lights but winter (now) is the best time. They're bigger this time of year. Good luck.

Comment

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

I’ve caught some nice trout in Palacios in the winter time. I grew up close to there and spent many a night fishing the lighted piers down there. The only bad thing is if the south wind is pumping it gets nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            turn and burn!!!!

Don’t give them a chance to look it over. Lol

Comment

Headed up to port a this coming week... no boat so limited on access possibilities.... going to hit the channels, jetties and maybe the surf a bit... what do you folks recommend??

Comment

I haven't fished since October, starting to get the itch. I feel like buying a boat around this time every year and then talk myself out of it.

Comment

Windy, cold, and wet evening but the Fish were hungry. Knee deep, pink corky in the upper laguna
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by stickman; 02-11-2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                    Windy, cold, and wet evening but the Fish were hungry. Knee deep, pink corky in the upper laguna
                    Nice! Still a little chilly for me!

Comment

Job well done Stickman.

Comment

Congrats stickman!
                        Getting close to rod bending time for me. A few more goose hunts, then fish on!!!

Comment

Spent some time in Matagorda this weekend, my son had a pretty good trip...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by popstone0910; 02-12-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                            Well done....we couldnt buy a lick yesterday in Matty.

Comment

Originally posted by popstone0910 View Post
                              Spent some time in Matagorda this weekend, my son had a pretty good trip...
                              Nice!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                                I catch fish all year under the lights but winter (now) is the best time. They're bigger this time of year. Good luck.
                                Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                I’ve caught some nice trout in Palacios in the winter time. I grew up close to there and spent many a night fishing the lighted piers down there. The only bad thing is if the south wind is pumping it gets nasty.
                                Good deal. I decided to wait till we get a decent stretch of weather. No telling when that will be. lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X