Christmas Eve Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Eve Buck

Well, I finally connected last night. I was able to get the big 10 I’ve been chasing for nearly 2 months. The beginning of this season had its challenges. The biggest one was rebuilding my creek crossing to be able to even get to my hunting area. By the time I was able to get the feeder running it was the end of October. So I had no idea how the season was going to run.

I made my first sit of the season opening rifle weekend. I saw this buck the first morning sit I did and couldn’t believe he was coming right to me. About that time he hooked left at 90 yards and was gone. The next encounter I I’d with him was about the same. He lingered around 75-80 yards and wouldn’t come in.

At this point I figured it was time to change it up a little. I set up a pop up about 40 yards from my feed pen. It’s right around the trail he was coming and going from. I did my first sit on thanksgiving morning. I dumped hand corn where I thought he would be coming from but when the sun came up I saw it was closer to me than I intended. I saw him that morning and he was close but using a single pin sight for the first time I was not able to range him so I didn’t feel comfortable taking the shot. So I had the “missed opportunity” cloud hovering over me since then.

Fast forward to last night, the cat and mouse game finally ended. It was right at sunset and I was hearing noise behind me. I kept peeking out the window looking back and watching the tree line wondering if it was him. I finally decided it was nothing and turned around and HOLY CRAP HE’S IN FRONT OF ME!! I settled on the rifle and he turned and was walking straight away from me. I waited and watched then he started to easy to his right, still no shot. He kept going and turned a little more right, still no shot. Then he finally turned a little more that gave me a quartering away shot I felt comfortable with. He was just about to move behind the tree line and BOOM! I drilled him! He spun and ran right across my blind window and made it 20 yards!

Big 10 down!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s nice!
    Congrats

Comment

Great buck! Wow!

Comment

Nice one, congrats to you.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Wow! Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome deer

Great tine length

Comment

Heckuva buck!Congrats

Comment

Congrats and Merry Christmas! heck of a buck.

Comment

Nice write up and congrats to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome buck congratulations

Comment

Nice buck congrats

Comment

Congrats! Nice!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment