Gemsbok Oryx New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemsbok Oryx New Mexico

I was lucky enough to draw an October off range Oryx tag in New Mexico. I have done a good bit of research but there is not a ton of information on this hunt out there. I am committed to to do it your self hunt vs hiring a guide. I was curious if anyone here has done this hunt and what your experience was? Any pointers or advice is also appreciated. Thanks!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter1 View Post
      I was lucky enough to draw an October off range Oryx tag in New Mexico. I have done a good bit of research but there is not a ton of information on this hunt out there. I am committed to to do it your self hunt vs hiring a guide. I was curious if anyone here has done this hunt and what your experience was? Any pointers or advice is also appreciated. Thanks!
      Meateater put out some good info with a video and podcast. On the off chance you haven't checked that out yet.

Comment

Thanks, I listened to the meat eater podcast. Good info.

Comment

I hunted mule deer up against the western border of the range last November. Never saw an oryx the whole time.

Comment

If you'd like an Oryx guides info PM me. He's a good buddy. Ive taken 3 with him and my wife has killed 1. Its a blast of a hunt!!

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter1 View Post
              Congratulations, awesome looking animals, good luck.

Comment

Good luck on your hunt. Kid down the road draw that tag also. Hunted 6 days last week with a guide never saw one. On the last day of their hunt we saw one off 380 east of Soccoro.

Comment

good luck

Comment

Leaving in 3 days....bumping this up for any new info!
                    Thanks everyone who PM'ed me with tips.

Comment

Take help to load it. I have been blessed to be on 3 hunts with friends who have drawn tags. They are big creatures in large area. All were equal to elk as a pack out. The only difference is elk range is much cooler. Get the meat on ice quickly. It is fantastic eating.

Comment

Following, good luck

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Should have updated this way back, but I tagged a 32" bull on day 4 at 545 yards. We saw a total of 30-40 but several were in groups and were super spooky (running at 1000 yards away). Thanks everyone who sent info.

Comment

!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X