Ideas for “rights of passage” for my son & gift suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Remind me to never go to one of your parties.....
    Chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Good lord...some of yall could ruin a good party.

Just take'em to the ranch and do ranch stuff! A new knife, tool, or shootin iron would be cool. But I bet you've got plenty of .22s and stuff, get'em out and let the kids burn ammo and fish...that's what kids want to do. Buy a case of cheap sodas to shake up for targets. Stay up late, eat good, big fire, drink dr pepper....etc.
      This sounds like a blast at any age! Of course, it’s all fun and games until you end up with sticky soda hair.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
        My father gave me a copy of this poem years ago. To this day, I carry it in the visor of my pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Bobc, I’m guessing as you drive your pickup what’s in that visor often makes you think of the wise, caring father who raised you. Cool story.

Playa, after this weekend hope you and your son can share something like this, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          This sounds like a blast at any age! Of course, it’s all fun and games until you end up with sticky soda hair.
          or a bamboo stick through your you know what and hanging from the ceiling by your nipples

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
            or a bamboo stick through your you know what and hanging from the ceiling by your nipples
            Lite weight...

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
              Get him a heritage rough rider 22. Great six shooter and won't break the bank.
              Surprised it took 25 posts for this suggestion. Both of my boys and I have these. Great little inexpensive pistols.

Comment

Love the knife idea. With all those young men sounds like a good labor opportunity. I remember being that age and my dad working the brakes off me one Saturday. Paid me 20 bucks and said that I earned it and that men earned their pay. Stuck with me. I think a lot of boys at that age (or at least me) wanted so badly to “be a man” or grown up.

I think it’s absolutely awesome that you’re all in on this and wanting to celebrate and welcome your son to being a man. Might still be a little young, but a copy of “Wild at Heart” with a meaningful inscription from you could be an heirloom. My uncle gave me a copy of “Meditations” by Marcus Aurelius when I graduated high school with a hand written note that it my most prized possession.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                  Love the knife idea. With all those young men sounds like a good labor opportunity. I remember being that age and my dad working the brakes off me one Saturday. Paid me 20 bucks and said that I earned it and that men earned their pay. Stuck with me. I think a lot of boys at that age (or at least me) wanted so badly to “be a man” or grown up.

I think it’s absolutely awesome that you’re all in on this and wanting to celebrate and welcome your son to being a man. Might still be a little young, but a copy of “Wild at Heart” with a meaningful inscription from you could be an heirloom. My uncle gave me a copy of “Meditations” by Marcus Aurelius when I graduated high school with a hand written note that it my most prized possession.

Wild at heart is a great book!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    Lite weight...
                    I better be a lite weight if I'm gonna be hanging by my nipples!

Comment

Ideas for “rights of passage” for my son & gift suggestions

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                      Wild at heart is a great book!!!

Agreed. Can change your life for the better if you let it.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                        I better be a lite weight if I'm gonna be hanging by my nipples!

Hah! Good point!

Comment

Another vote for Ruger Single Six. First gun I saved my own money for. Of course dad had to buy it. Very reliable and safer than a semi. I love that pistol. First pistol my son ever shot when he was a little guy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, keep it coming, I’m getting some very good ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                              Surprised it took 25 posts for this suggestion. Both of my boys and I have these. Great little inexpensive pistols.

Agreed..... Good shooters and a great price. Plus you can added a 22 mag cylinder to it for a little more boom. We had similar single action pistols as kids and it was a lot of fun. Heck I bought one a few years back when Academy was offering the Texas flag handled version on sale for $99 and the 22 mag cylinder for $25. It's killed several trapped coons and burned some ammo with the lease kids and adults shooting steel at our camp range.

Comment

I agree with the Ruger wheel guns except I would go with the Single Ten. Similar to the Single Six except this one holds 10.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X