No announcement yet.

1 & 3/4 shotgun shells???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get what you are saying. I didn't even notice they were 7 1/2 shot. I thought these only came in slug and buck.

I know several people that have switched to 20 ga. shotguns because their old tried and true 12 ga. was just kicking to hard.
    One particular friend had to switch because of retina detachment. This might allow them to keep shooting 12ga.

Comment

When I first saw them I imagined they were something similar to using rat shot out of a .22 or .45. You would use it for the same thing but looks like they're definitely a step above those type of rounds.

Comment

I shoot a 1oz / 1180fps which is basically a 20ga load...shooting it in a full size frame O/U is extremely mild.

Heck, You can buy 7/8oz loads in 12ga that are so light they won't trip the recoil operated trigger to shoot the 2nd bbl & not cycle in some autos.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
          For those that have used them, do they feed reliably? For some reason I thought I read that you have to modify the shotgun to feed them.
          Not all guns will cycle these reliably. It’s been a long time since I tried these but I believe an 870 might have problems with them, but think a Win model 1200/1300 might cycle ok. Many semi-autos may not.

Comment

That's what I was thinking, and why I have never tried them. I like the thought of it, just not if life depends on it.

Comment

That's cool...

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                I know Mossberg 500 and 835 will run them just fine.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                yep, my M 500 handles em just fine.

Comment

Skip to the 8:40 or so mark. I haven’t tried the mini shells, but I’d make sure your gun runs them before loading up the bedside shotgun with them.

Comment

They also make them with buckshot and slugs.

I could see loading those 7.5s up on a quail hunt.
                    Out of a single or double barrel, they'd be great camp fodder for whipper tail rattle bugs.

Comment

Could be hard to explain to Mr. Gamewarden standing in a duck blind holding your semiauto even if they were steel or non-tox shot.

Comment

They work pretty good on quail. So I've heard.

They cycle OK in my Benelli M1. So they tell me

Comment

The Aguila 4buck loads would be good for a home defense shotgun as long as they run reliably. I feel a pump action would be what I choose unless I was just messing around with them.

Have a little 410 pump mossberg that I keep around for home defense. Either an extended tube or mini shells for that would be sweet. 5 rounds should be enough though, doubt to many people are sticking around after shot #1.

Comment

What is the oz / velocity on the buck shot & slugs??

Comment

Those are a good way to mess with a game warden. Yep, I got a plug in my gun and five shells in it too.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                                I have seen them just not sure what you could shoot them through.
                                Most any 12 ga., it increases the capacity of a tubular magazine shotgun.

Comment

Working...
                                X